Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Christmas calendar 2013 edition

Christmas calendar 2013 edition

Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
A Christmas calendar is in my world something you have in the morning. For kids at least.

But I get the email notification late afternoon. Crazy, especially as you generally have to act the same day. Today I got the Hertz offer after 5 pm at that time 17 hours of the day has elapsed. I get tired....
I agree. The email came very late today.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Well, now the offer has been extended to include 3. December.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Well, you better check the calender-site manually in the morning/after midnigth. Today is an offer of Rome at 15.000 points in Go and 30.000 in Plus.

http://www.sas.dk/EuroBonus/Tilbud-o...-julekalender/
(The Danish version).

Last edited by Tango Alpha; Dec 3, 2013 at 1:07 am Reason: Plus-offer added.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Well, now the offer has been extended to include 3. December.
And a good thing, too. It's actually a good offer: the CDP and/or PC shaved off some 60€ from the quoted rate + 3000 points (+3,5% cashback, shhh )
Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:09 pm

Does anyone knows when the daily offers is published? It's now officially the 5th, but the website still shows the 4th.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:11 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by cphkid
Does anyone knows when the daily offers is published? It's now officially the 5th, but the website still shows the 4th.
I usually wait for the email. Works for me. Except when they send it out at 5PM

Anyway, so far I've only actually used the first offer (triple extra points to NCE, BCN and PMA). I hope there will be some more spectacular/similar offers coming up soon. So far it's been quite a nice calendar, it's just that I personally don't have use for most things, really.

I just love how Norwegian and SAS also seem to be competing with both their Christmas calendars, focused on their bonus programs. I'm competing in both of them, of course: as a Dutch by birth I'm just addicted to freebees, chances to win and good offers and deals.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by kauppias
Last year there was the blue1 but lately it seems SAS has forgotten about finnish customers... seems like it continues
AY remembers

http://www.finnair.com/FI/FI/joulukalenteri
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I haven't found the AY Christmas calendar any attractive offers for that matter...
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:12 pm

In the SAS calendar it says "the trip must start in SWE,NOR,DK" but FIN not mentioned when I looked at the bonus points offer to Milan/Rome. However, when trying to book I noted that the points needed were the same even starting from Finland (for only limited number of connections).
Sadly, the offer being attractive, I could not find suitable days to fit (weekends for example), or I was late and the best options were gone during early morning hours...
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:08 am

Today SAS offers 10 000 extra points for MasterCard applicants.

As I am Finnish, I cannot take use of the good offer though...too sad SAS has forgotten about their Finnish customers...

This was funny to learn. I got the offer by e-mail, opened the link, and there was an offer "apply today combined MasterCard and get 10000points". I tried, but the application form did not accept Finnish personal ID. So I called SAS and explained:
SAS: Mmm...But but but what are you talking about, "today's offer is 30% off on Scandic hotels"
me: what?! mine says "MasterCard offer", what do YOU talk about?
SAS: what?!?
me: hmmm, yes, I see, when I go through sas.se webpages I can see the Scandic offer. How is it possible that I get a different offer when I click my e-mail offer??
SAS: what?!? hold on a minute (It took some 10minutes) I will call IT
me: in the meanwhile I was browsing through the pages and confirmed that it is possible to apply for MasterCard combined with Eurobonus even in Finland
SAS: Now I learned that the offer you got by e-mail is indeed different, it is a targeted offer for those who do not yet have a combined MasterCard, but unfortunately this credit card combination is only possible in Scandinavian countries, not in Finland.
me: OK, thanks for clarigying this anyway
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:12 am

Today's offer is actually really nice. A return ticket to and from LHR for 10000 points (plus 529 NOK). Not sure if it works for Finland, though...

As I actually fly to London quite frequent for private reasons also, I actually booked two flights in GO; saved me 40.000 points.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by UltraRant
Today's offer is actually really nice. A return ticket to and from LHR for 10000 points (plus 529 NOK). Not sure if it works for Finland, though...

Nope. Did not work. Would have been nice offer. Certainly good offers comparing with Finnair, but sadly again sadly SAS has ON PURPOSE forgotten about their Finnish customers.
On purpose? Well, seems so, since I don't understand the logic - many customes in DK,SE,NO will have to take a connecting leg anyway through ARL/CPH so I don't see the difference why a connecting leg from HKI/TKU/VAA in Finland should be treated worse.
Happily been favoring SK over AY, I am considering moving from SK to AY these days as I am irritated all the time more and more the SK attitude.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by FFlash
Nope. Did not work. Would have been nice offer. Certainly good offers comparing with Finnair, but sadly again sadly SAS has ON PURPOSE forgotten about their Finnish customers.
On purpose? Well, seems so, since I don't understand the logic - many customes in DK,SE,NO will have to take a connecting leg anyway through ARL/CPH so I don't see the difference why a connecting leg from HKI/TKU/VAA in Finland should be treated worse.
Happily been favoring SK over AY, I am considering moving from SK to AY these days as I am irritated all the time more and more the SK attitude.
Yes, very frustrating.

If you do some kind of some (e.g. fb, twttr) it might be of some consolation to post a rant on SK's page.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by remymartin
Yes, very frustrating.

If you do some kind of some (e.g. fb, twttr) it might be of some consolation to post a rant on SK's page.
After Blue1 was consolidated away SAS Group has forgotten all about its "loyal"? Finnish customers...

In the case of my core group they lost a sizeble chunk of revenue tickets as not only did I move my business to OW my collagues, friends, and family for whom I book tickets for changed too much to their suprise I started to find better deals connecting in CDG or LHR

Maybe at some point SAS will open their eyes in Finland but we will see
Old Dec 26, 2013, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
That's indeed very frustrating and quite stupid of SAS. First they completely take away Blue1 and then they just leave all Finnish customers for the competition (AY). I know SAS acts like a dinosaur in the air and isn't good at making smart decisions, but this hits a new level of stupidity. To simply frustrate 5,5 million (potential) customers without any real reason isn't what made my company big, so to say...

Anyway, for us in DK/SE/NO the last calendar was also quite interesting. New York return for just 50.000 miles. Too bad I had already booked with different *A metal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.