Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus re-launch with new level above Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurobonus re-launch with new level above Gold

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I am happy to stay Gold, not enough interesting to pursue Diamond. I just wonder how much money you need to spend to get invited as "Pandion" - I recall having way over 100k SK metal miles some 10 years ago, but not invited.

I am new to this forum and spent hours in reading through pages here. Despite flying for years, I have found a lot new valuable stuff here which I have been not aware of or careless, what a stupidity...Thank everyone for that!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:45 am

I know of colleaguies which did 7-10 full flexible C TATL class flights and where invited to Pandion.

So it seems something around 30k-40k Euro.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FFlash
I am happy to stay Gold, not enough interesting to pursue Diamond. I just wonder how much money you need to spend to get invited as "Pandion" - I recall having way over 100k SK metal miles some 10 years ago, but not invited.

I am new to this forum and spent hours in reading through pages here. Despite flying for years, I have found a lot new valuable stuff here which I have been not aware of or careless, what a stupidity...Thank everyone for that!
Pandion is not based on mileage flown on SK flights, but revenue paid to SK. It is the 2200 (rumoured number) SK fliers that pays the most cash to company in terms of tickets. So the threshold does vary year by year. I am sure a few invitations are extended to some VIPs and through connections, but the number I have heard would start around 250.000 dkk, or 30 K euro.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: SAS EBG, EK Gold, GF Gold, CC Gold, BW Diamond, Scandic 3rd Floor
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Pandion is not based on mileage flown on SK flights, but revenue paid to SK. It is the 2200 (rumoured number) SK fliers that pays the most cash to company in terms of tickets. So the threshold does vary year by year. I am sure a few invitations are extended to some VIPs and through connections, but the number I have heard would start around 250.000 dkk, or 30 K euro.
If that is true, i could have been insanely close to Pandion last year, damn!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The EBS's don't really get what the most of what the EBG's get. Lounge and fast track access would only be in low season. And it will not get them anything in *A benefits. Before Plus launch, the business lounges in ARN and CPH were usually quite empty (not so the Scandinavian lounges), so why not try to utilize the facilities abit more.
Only problem is, as mentioned, how to show clearly at fasttrac and at the lounge when EBS has access so they do not end up in long discussions.
The ARN lounge has been far to crowded for far to long. Adding more visitors to it in any season just won't work.

I'll grab EBD this year in the hope they add real benefits to it.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The ARN lounge has been far to crowded for far to long. Adding more visitors to it in any season just won't work.

I'll grab EBD this year in the hope they add real benefits to it.
The business lounge side? When did that happen? Have not been to ARN after Plus went live,but I sometimes went there instead of the Scandinavian lounge when it was too crowded in there. It was always quiet and with space. And if I only wanted a cup of coffee or two, no difference.
But with the high number of plus rows on the OSL ARN CPH triangle the number of people with lounge access rights would grow. But I would have thought that a large part of that crowd were already gold.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The business lounge side? When did that happen? Have not been to ARN after Plus went live,but I sometimes went there instead of the Scandinavian lounge when it was too crowded in there. It was always quiet and with space. And if I only wanted a cup of coffee or two, no difference.
But with the high number of plus rows on the OSL ARN CPH triangle the number of people with lounge access rights would grow. But I would have thought that a large part of that crowd were already gold.
+1.

I fly mostly ARN and the Scan lounge is always very crowded, presumably by already-Gold members, where at the same time I see the business lounge side very empty. I jump in on that side sometimes as well, just for the tranquility. So if silver card holders are given access to buz lounge during off-peak, I don't care that much...

IMO this is a good marketing from SAS to attract FF, since silver card is of NO value IMHO nowadays. Compare to AY silver which gives access to HKI lounge, and also ARN T2 lounge (the drawback is that HKI Finnair lounge is VEEERY crowded during peak hours, maybe due to lots of silver)
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
On the other hand, I believe most Plus passengers (at least half) are EBG anyway. So the increase in visitors haven't been that big. The Biz lounge at ARN is still pretty quiet during the mornings. In CPH however, I have noticed the downstairs lounge being a bit more populated these days than it was before.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It's been crowded in my experience for a long time, the PLUS change made it a little worse but not terribly. They changed the layout with larger tables and bar chairs in the middle which are highly uncomfortable but the number of power outlets that are available has drastically increased (positive). Giving business travelers more seating options, as a power outlet is a hard requirement.

What ARN needs the most is a lounge at the F-gates. Lately it feels like all my SAS departures are moving there, even for flights which used to have fixed gate 1-15 departures. This isn't a bad thing at all as the F-terminal has generally more space but the walk from the lounge is very inefficient.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Is this is any worse than walk from CPH lounge to A26-A30 gates?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wazow
Is this is any worse than walk from CPH lounge to A26-A30 gates?
I would say about the same. And equally annoying. If SK plan to use the A gates a lot in CPH they could consider a satellite lounge in the old BA lounge location. Don't know if there is an obvious space in the F section in Arlanda
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: SK*G
Don't know if there is an obvious space in the F section in Arlanda
Close to the F-pier above the passport control there is a very big space that was being built/renovated for a new SK lounge.
For some reason the work was postponed and currently the space is quite empty. There are stairs that you can walk up and have a peek in.

Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:15 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
I don't know if it is related, but there was an announcement made some time ago about moving SAS domestic to T5 in order to integrate better. I assume the need for additional lounge space could then be solved by creating a non-schengen lounge. Until this has been cleared from customs / immigration authoritites I suspect they are waiting with further development.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
That lounge in T5 F has been under construction since ages. The SK traffic in that section hasn't been stellar so far, so building a lounge there makes no sense at this point.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
That lounge in T5 F has been under construction since ages. The SK traffic in that section hasn't been stellar so far, so building a lounge there makes no sense at this point.
Very true, however as Thai (twice a day) has now moved to F and there could potentially be also Turkish and Ethiopian departures moved to F, I think together with SK's own US, LHR and Russian departures there would be some traffic. (And at least for us leaving from F a much shorter walk than from current lounge and hopefully a chance to have lounge after the border passage.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.