Wiki Posts
Search

Sas plus survey

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold
Sas plus survey

Did any one else receive the survey about Sas Plus today?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by John in the tower
Did any one else receive the survey about Sas Plus today?
Got it as well. Not the most clever survey I´ve seen. It asked about the reasons why had chosen SAS Plus instead of SAS GO. I wrote in that I had chosen it as it was cheaper than SAS GO for my particular flight and that I did not need any of the extras (lounge, fast track, seat choice etc. as I was a gold card holder). It then proceded to ask me if I would have chosen SAS Plus if it didn´t include fast track or lounge access....

Svantevit
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold
Sas plus survey

What I read between the lines with survey is that if enough people say price matters and not the perks then its byebye fast track, lounge etc. All we're basically left with is quicker check in and more points. Or something likr that.. The prices of Plus tickets now are too cheap to last..
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by Svantevit
. It asked about the reasons why had chosen SAS Plus instead of SAS GO. I wrote in that I had chosen it as it was cheaper than SAS GO for my particular flight and that I did not need any of the extras (lounge, fast track, seat choice etc. as I was a gold card holder).

Svantevit
How come that a flight in SAS Plus is cheaper than in SAS GO?
Was it a mistake fare? What was the itinerary? Just curious
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:51 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
It happens regularly. In the past Eco Extra on B or S bases could price cheaper than Eco in E. You can see that today that sometimes A/P/B prices out cheaper than E.

Basically SK can offer discounts in Plus attracting people who book early. If not enough people take the offer and people book Go instead, then Plus can very well turn out cheaper than Go.

Still very much the European summer period, probably the reason why bargains are to be had in Plus. Have been flying to LHR past few weeks and there have only been 1-2 rows of Plus. Today I am flying again, and it is up to 5 rows of Plus, but for LHR one would expect more high yielding traffic.

Will certainly be interesting to see what happens when the summer is over, where Plus ends up being priced, and whether business travellers abandon SK for LH/KL.

Me personally I have been doing much more flying in front of the divider since the change to Go/Plus. I still don't think the change makes business sense since the fares for my tickets have not increased but I am pleased that I get more for the company money.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: EBG, FBG, HHonors Gold
Even though there was only one row (6 seats) of Plus on my flight from BGO to Malaga, me and my family was offered an upgrade at the gate (we were 3 in total). To bad I already had purchased food for the flight at the airport...
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by THD
Have been flying to LHR past few weeks and there have only been 1-2 rows of Plus. Today I am flying again, and it is up to 5 rows of Plus, but for LHR one would expect more high yielding traffic.
I guess the high yielding traffic will be found travelling with BA, which (looking at LHR-CPH) not only offers business class but also runs six daily departures ranging between 0640 and 1900, as opposed to SK, which offers a highly confusing but obviously inferior product on five daily departures, the earliest one of which gets in to CPH at 1240.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.