Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SK 935 Diverted to Sacramento (SMF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2013, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold

SK 935 6 July has been diverted to Sacramento due to the Asiana (OZ) incident at SFO.

The flight first appeared to be heading to SEA or PDX after changing course, but is now due to land at SMF.

Last edited by MADflyer; Jul 6, 2013 at 3:44 pm
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
I have read about diversions to Oakland and San Jose due to the closure of SFO, but Sacramento is a decent third option for those with the Bay Area as a destination. Amtrak from Sacramento to Oakland and a bus ride puts you right in the middle of the city without being too uncomfortable. Certainly less troublesome than having to get there from SEA or PDX.

Of course, for transfer flights on UA it would probably be best to re-route through LAX.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Daner
I have read about diversions to Oakland and San Jose due to the closure of SFO, but Sacramento is a decent third option for those with the Bay Area as a destination. Amtrak from Sacramento to Oakland and a bus ride puts you right in the middle of the city without being too uncomfortable. Certainly less troublesome than having to get there from SEA or PDX.

Of course, for transfer flights on UA it would probably be best to re-route through LAX.

I doubt anyone would be allowed to disembark in Sacramento. How and who would sort out the luggage and does Sacramento even have an international customs ?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Sacramento is an International airport with Customs and everything, so it was a reasonable choice:

http://www.sacramento.aero/smf/fligh..._destinations/
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH's A380 was diverted to OAK. SMF and OAK have FIS, so people could have deplaned there. I doubt they have a towbar and pushback for a A380 there though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.