Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New longhaul aircraft and cabins from 2015 / 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New longhaul aircraft and cabins from 2015 / 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by fassy
I wouldn't be surprised if they have a hard time selling the Plus cabin. For most leisure travelers the price of often too high and for Business travelers 'Y only' travel policies (or J only) make the cabin useless.

on all flights i took in the last years there was always quite a lot of open seats in the Plus cabin while J often enough seems to be filled up.

so I guess it makes sense to reduce Plus and use that space for J and Go cabin.
You are right. Unfortunately. Mr. Roald said straight forward to me, that Plus ‘doesn’t work’. Probably for the same reasons you are mentioning.
He and other SAS-employees said that a (large?) part of pax in PE are upgraded in different ways, including free upgrades.

Personally I am a fan of PE long haul – flying on my company’s expenses (apr. once a year), I can mostly persuade them to pay PE when the lower booking classes are available. The same for my personally travel. As I mostly don’t have to sponsor my kids anymore, I can afford (depending on the actual price) to book PE (cash) for me and Mrs. And I do so a couple of times a year.

But even as PE ‘doesn’t work’, SAS will stay with it. Good for me.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Difference in cabin width is 33 centimeters. Enough to squeeze in an extra economy seat.

LH has 2-3-2 in PE, SQ and CX has 2-4-2 (and all 3-3-3 in economy).

Some Asian carriers have ordered the A350 with 10 abreast economy seating...
There is as far as I know only one carrier that has ordered the A350 with 10 abreast, a French charter unit mainly flying from France to the French parts of the Caribbean. But with the cabin being significantly narrower than the 777. I don't see how they will fit that in. 10 on the 777 is bad enough.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The order for the interior needs to be placed 18 months before delivery and specified about 3 years before. I doubt they will come with anything new/different especially since only a number of interior suppliers are approved for line fit in TLS. Curious what IFE SAS will get in the A350, the current RAVE is not approved for line fit yet.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
You are right. Unfortunately. Mr. Roald said straight forward to me, that Plus ‘doesn’t work’. Probably for the same reasons you are mentioning.
He and other SAS-employees said that a (large?) part of pax in PE are upgraded in different ways, including free upgrades.
What is now bad about upgrades since they seem to include paid ones?

I can nevertheless see from that statement why they raised the upgrade prices with points. It seems like too many did it.
Personally I am a fan of PE long haul – flying on my company’s expenses (apr. once a year), I can mostly persuade them to pay PE when the lower booking classes are available. The same for my personally travel. As I mostly don’t have to sponsor my kids anymore, I can afford (depending on the actual price) to book PE (cash) for me and Mrs. And I do so a couple of times a year.
Same here on my self-paid travel. If there is no rock bottom offer in Go on long haul I usually book Plus. And at chance I do those bad upgrades to the front.
But even as PE ‘doesn’t work’, SAS will stay with it. Good for me.
And me.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:57 am

Y
Personally I am a fan of PE long haul – flying on my company’s expenses (apr. once a year), I can mostly persuade them to pay PE when the lower booking classes are available. T
I am big fan of the Plus product. Travelling to the US 4-6 times year. Company policy does usually not allow C - but Plus/Extra/Premium is fine. Allows me to work - and get at least some rest. But I have noticed there has been a lot of upgrade. But honestly with the previous points price it was a no brainer.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by staff
Isn't the whole point of Premium Economy to cater to those with "Economy" travel policies?
Plus is not economy from my employer's point of view. Only Go is. This is probably quite common.

I only get PE if I pay it myself, which I have done 2-3 times on long haul, and many time for short haul (not for service but as a way of avoiding mileage runs)
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:47 am

Hi, I can't find an answer to my question elsewhere and I hope you'll help me with the following matter...

It's possible I'll book SK flight from NRT to EU in January. As for now, NRT-CPH leg is supposed to be operated by A340. According to SK's website, not all of such airplanes have already been equipped with new business seats. Do you know, when the last SK's A340 will get new business class seats or alternatively when will it be retired and replaced by A330 or other machine?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by tropikey
Hi, I can't find an answer to my question elsewhere and I hope you'll help me with the following matter...

It's possible I'll book SK flight from NRT to EU in January. As for now, NRT-CPH leg is supposed to be operated by A340. According to SK's website, not all of such airplanes have already been equipped with new business seats. Do you know, when the last SK's A340 will get new business class seats or alternatively when will it be retired and replaced by A330 or other machine?
Only one A340 don't have the new business class seats, and that A340 is only used as a reserve.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:00 am

Thanks a lot for quick answer. Well, in this situation it seems that risk of flying in old J is very low
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
And the reserve plane is "old" but not as in "old SK J". It is reported here that it is quite a bit better than the old cabin.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:26 pm

The old cabin A340 (LN-RKP) is never or extremely seldom used on CPH-NRT.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
The old cabin A340 (LN-RKP) is never or extremely seldom used on CPH-NRT.
Never is too strong a word. I had LN-RKP on CPH-NRT in May-2017 (and unfortunately I was in Plus so the result was zero sleep for me on that trip).

Svantevit
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Svantevit
Never is too strong a word. I had LN-RKP on CPH-NRT in May-2017 (and unfortunately I was in Plus so the result was zero sleep for me on that trip).

Svantevit
Sorry for that 'never'.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The next A330E delivery, SE-REH was spotted in TLS in primer...

https://aibfamily.flights/airline/SA...-Airlines/A330
tom_19662 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:45 pm

SE-REH now can move on its own:

Tango Alpha likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.