Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

BKK-route will return winter 2013 + some new destinations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:26 am
Original Poster

It is now confirmed that BKK will return for the winterseason 2013/2014, there has been som doubts before.

http://se.yhp.waymaker.net/sasgroup/...sReleases.asp#

SAS is also introducing two new destinations, Bremen and Humberside (Great Britain) - I don't have a clue why Humberside is chosen as a new destination, but I guess SAS has its reasons.

Something else I haven't noticed before, others might have, is that SAS is starting to operate ARN-BLL and ARN-AAL as of August 2013.

http://news.cision.com/se/sas/r/sas-...lland,c9415507 (Swedish only)
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Sounds like a very good news for BLL And ALL. The ALL airport is developing nicely. The recently opened revamped departure area is great (finally!) and the pressure from KL and BA on SK is finally bringing fruit. Nice.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by wazow
Sounds like a very good news for BLL And ALL. The ALL airport is developing nicely. The recently opened revamped departure area is great (finally!) and the pressure from KL and BA on SK is finally bringing fruit. Nice.
I've never been to Albenga (ALL), and I am pretty sure that SK haven't had routes to ALL.
Aalborg (AAL), on the contrary...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by SK989
SAS is also introducing two new destinations, Bremen and Humberside (Great Britain) - I don't have a clue why Humberside is chosen as a new destination, but I guess SAS has its reasons.
Oil.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Oil.
Humberside service is being mentioned in the press as being due to wind turbine factory and renewable energy source connections. There is of course some relationship between pursuit of that and high oil prices. Then again, Scottish routes serviced by SK are indeed oil driven and serving the ONG industry indeed.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Does the BKK return come at the expense of another longhaul route or is this what the new 340 is for? I'm not sure why SAS would choose for BKK again with the 3 daily TG departures from ARN/CPH/OSL, the Norwegian flights from ARN and OSL and the twice daily Finnair flights from HEL. Those are an awful lot of flights to a single destination while Scandinavia is otherwise highly underserved with proper long haul. While the TG and AY flights and service are much better as well.

Wouldn't SIN or HGK have made much more sense? Is SAS ever going to learn that it needs to put more longhaul on ARN if it wants to keep it's longhaul customer base there?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They will probably nix the late EWR and reduce the frequency on SFO to make BKK possible. Why on earth they are restarting BKK is beyond me. The ME3 must have a good grip on that sector already plus TG & DY have direct flights.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Does the BKK return come at the expense of another longhaul route or is this what the new 340 is for? I'm not sure why SAS would choose for BKK again with the 3 daily TG departures from ARN/CPH/OSL, the Norwegian flights from ARN and OSL and the twice daily Finnair flights from HEL. Those are an awful lot of flights to a single destination while Scandinavia is otherwise highly underserved with proper long haul. While the TG and AY flights and service are much better as well.

Wouldn't SIN or HGK have made much more sense? Is SAS ever going to learn that it needs to put more longhaul on ARN if it wants to keep it's longhaul customer base there?
BKK is still the primary Asian destination for Scandinavian-originating passengers by a huge lot and then some. But that was also the way it was before DY and EK/QR/EY was serving Scandinavia-SE Asia with regular, commercially-scheduled passenger flights on their own metal.

When it comes to SK, I doubt that SIN or HKG would work out any better than BKK and BKK service had issues.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
They will probably nix the late EWR and reduce the frequency on SFO to make BKK possible. Why on earth they are restarting BKK is beyond me. The ME3 must have a good grip on that sector already plus TG & DY have direct flights.
901/902 will be cut - it used to be that way when it was first in place.
I doubt SFO will see cuts, but ARN-ORD/EWR and OSL-ARN could be the ones giving up capacity.

Also remember that 5 times a week SQ has a 777 going CPH-SIN
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by oliver2002
They will probably nix the late EWR and reduce the frequency on SFO to make BKK possible.
SK901/902 on fridays will be cancelled from 23. August untill 11. October.

During summer, the friday rotation will be by the 767.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.