Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Bonus tickets to BKK in January

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have been a voyeur on this forum until now - but I jump out in the open with a question I hope any of you can help answer:

I'm trying to find SAS bonus tickets to BKK from CPH in January 2014 and back i mid February - but it seems all are gone or not available. Do any of you know if it is the case that these bonus tickets are already sold out - or will SAS release more bonus tickets for BKK later this year?

BR. Kasper
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Welcome to this forum :-)

Typically SAS does not release more awards space and the CPH-BKK route is one the routes where it is very difficult to find awards space.

Br,
HerrO
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: EB Diamond - QR Gold - FB Silver
You will have big problems finding that.... And do we really know that SAS is going to start flying CPH-BKK again? I'm not so sure.
Why not fly the brand new TG B777 in stead? Or you could connect with TG in FRA or CDG and fly the A380.

If you look for economy tickets I do understand why you look at SAS. But if you look for business, the options above is better, even if you must pay the taxes. At least I feel that.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by aboerr
And do we really know that SAS is going to start flying CPH-BKK again? I'm not so sure.
Do you have any reason to believe they are not flying to BKK again? Do you have some inside information?

If not this is just rubbish. And do we really know that TG is gone fly CPH-BKK in winter?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by HenrikP
Do you have any reason to believe they are not flying to BKK again? Do you have some inside information?

If not this is just rubbish. And do we really know that TG is gone fly CPH-BKK in winter?
No inside information.... I just think about the lack of long haul aircrafts they have. And also SAS did not exactly confirm in a strong way that they WOULD START UP again next winter.

I did not say anything about TG stop flying CPH-BKK....? Did I?

Why such a strong reaction? I just give some options that I use myself.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: Lifetime SK*G, FB Gold
aboerr
Would the fact that SAS are selling tickets under SK numbers (not codeshare) be a strong indication that they plan to start up again ;-)
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:13 am

I know that

But last winter they cancelled so many long haul flights because of tech problems. They really have too few planes.
Just a feeling I have, probably I'm wrong. I really hope they will continue this route.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:24 am

No inside information.... I just think about the lack of long haul aircrafts they have. And also SAS did not exactly confirm in a strong way that they WOULD START UP again next winter.

I did not say anything about TG stop flying CPH-BKK....? Did I?

Why such a strong reaction? I just give some options that I use myself.
I know that

But last winter they cancelled so many long haul flights because of tech problems. They really have too few planes.
Just a feeling I have, probably I'm wrong. I really hope they will continue this route.
Okey! Sorry if I came on to strong.

They have another Airbus 340 entering service any day now. So that means that they increase their L/H fleet from 11 birds to 12 birds. That should give SAS some more slack in there schedule. A thirteenth one is in the pipeline
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:30 am

that's ok.

I did not know about any new planes. Then I guess it's more likely that they can operate this flight without too much problems.
You know where the new metal come from?
And what layout they will have?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:40 am

It is an ex LAN Chile Aircraft. It is registered LN-RKP. It will have SK Livery, but LAN Chile interior. Meaning no Y+, but fully flat beds in C. AVOD and power-outels in M. It is not scheduled for any particular route, and is only gone be used as a backup plane. I believe there is a thread here somewhere, but I am to lazy to look...
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Aside from SAS having increased their collaboration with Thai which has direct flights from ARN/CPH/OSL, the former BKK plane was repurposed on SFO which is paying off.

Any search on for example ARN-BBK in the next 6 months is a resold seat on the TG flight.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I just want to give an update on this issue - and thanks for all the replys!

Basically I just wanted to find the cheapest tickets to BKK combining my bonus points with paid tickets. I found out that SAS has updated their booking system with the "book regular tickets and partly pay with points"-section. When I search for bonus tickets to BKK there are no one - but through combining points with money I can book a roundtrip to BKK for 80.000 points. I know that it is a regular restricted ticket and not a bonus ticket.

Futhermore I can see it is a SAS flight - not Thai - to BKK in January 2014. More specifically A340-300.

BR. Kasper
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Hoth
Hi all,

I just want to give an update on this issue - and thanks for all the replys!

Basically I just wanted to find the cheapest tickets to BKK combining my bonus points with paid tickets. I found out that SAS has updated their booking system with the "book regular tickets and partly pay with points"-section. When I search for bonus tickets to BKK there are no one - but through combining points with money I can book a roundtrip to BKK for 80.000 points. I know that it is a regular restricted ticket and not a bonus ticket.

Futhermore I can see it is a SAS flight - not Thai - to BKK in January 2014. More specifically A340-300.

BR. Kasper
That's great! As I remember it (or perhaps I just assumed it?) the "any seat" awards cost a lot more points than the bonus flights, so I just ruled them out as an option. But if it's possible to find any seat awards at the same points price as the bonus tickets, then I guess I'll have to start having a look at them after all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.