Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

changes of earning points on OV flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

changes of earning points on OV flights

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, SK Silver, AB Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
OV: only Scandinavian and Brussels routes earn EB points from June

http://estonian-air.ee/en/loyalty-pr...us-conditions/

Starting from 1 June 2013, SAS EuroBonus card holders will earn bonus points only on Estonian Air regular routes that are operated together with Star Alliance partners. As before, points can be burned on all Estonian Air flights.

As a result of the change in early June, the owners of the SAS EuroBonus card will earn points on Estonian Air’s Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Trondheim and Brussels routes.

According to Rauno Parras, the CCO of Estonian Air customers can still earn bonus points on the Scandinavian and Brussels routes that are operated in cooperation with partners belonging to Star Alliance. “From one hand, the amendment will let Estonian Air to achieve a significant cost saving. From the other hand there is still a possibility for frequent flyers to earn points on our main business routes.”

“The change is needed to reduce costs in relation to the reconstruction process and reviewing all of our activities and cost items,” added Parras.

All other EuroBonus programme conditions remain the same, including burning the points. Customers can use earned points in all Estonian Air regular flights and Star Alliance partner airlines’ flights. In case of code sharing points can be earned either under Estonian Air or Star Alliance partner airlines’ flight code.

From June the amount of earned points per flight will change, the baggage allowance for Business Class passengers will increase on Scandinavian and Brussels routes.

Points can be redeemed on all Estonian Air flights through SAS EuroBonus service centre and SAS home page. Additional information on SAS EuroBonus can be found at http://estonian-air.ee/en/loyalty-programme/eurobonus.
New earning chart:
http://estonian-air.ee/en/loyalty-pr...obonus-points/

Last edited by teekkari; May 15, 2013 at 2:59 am Reason: title
Old May 15, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Well, let's see how long does it go before jumping on Baltic Miles...

I wonder if other benefits are also restricted (extra luggage, lounge access) to these routes.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
I like how they used the term "burned" for using EB points in their official press release. Maybe they read FT?

OV has cut back routes so much due to their financial woes, that I think this was expected they'd cut back their FF program too. I have used them on the AMS-TLL route when flying from the US, so I guess I won't be earning any points on that leg any more.
Old May 19, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: SK*G Diamond, AY+ Gold
Read today announcement in TLL lounge that EBG/EBP holders are granted for lounge access in M only on ARN/CPH/OSL/TRD/BRU routes.
All other routes give lounge access with C ticket only.

I think doing this change they will reduce amount of pax, but not expences...
Old May 20, 2013, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by cheros
Read today announcement in TLL lounge that EBG/EBP holders are granted for lounge access in M only on ARN/CPH/OSL/TRD/BRU routes.
All other routes give lounge access with C ticket only.

I think doing this change they will reduce amount of pax, but not expences...
Hmm will the lounge be almost empty then? It's never been that full when I was there, but it seems like the number of pax flying C or M on those particular routes would be quite low.
Old May 25, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: SK*(LT)G, AY
Even some LCC-s try to create something of a loyalty program, but usually high-priced carrier now moves away. Amazing. Of course, it is not in-house and SAS possibly tries to sqeeze. Funny is that very likely exactly SK will get more connecting passengers out of this.

Originally Posted by jfidler
Hmm will the lounge be almost empty then?
In my experience the lounge has been pretty crowded, but LH, AY clients may also be there. After 6 months when some EBG-s run out things may be different.
Old May 27, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by jfidler
Hmm will the lounge be almost empty then? It's never been that full when I was there, but it seems like the number of pax flying C or M on those particular routes would be quite low.
It's a Diners Club and Priority Pass lounge (+LH, +AY) so not exactly empty
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Was not flying OV for a couple of month and missed this "enhancement".
So my AMS flight got me into the lounge only because there was no tickets other than C available 3 days before departure, fascinating 3-days old tasteless cold pasta onboard (and no booze on morning flights!!!) all just for 500 euros one way. And now I realised I will get no miles either.

Was reading both press release and their inflight magazine, it is all very confusing. First, they saying on non-*A routes only Eco+ and Biz will get the lounge. In the next sentence they saying there will no lounge for eco-light pax. Can you figure out of that whether "normal" economy will got you into the lounge (with SK*G)?

Another thing not mentioned at all is SK*G baggage benefits. For sure it will be maintained on *A routes but what's about the rest of destinations?

And one more - can they really apply those new rules to the tickets booked before the announcement of these changes?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by another_shot
And one more - can they really apply those new rules to the tickets booked before the announcement of these changes?
In my experience, you won't have much luck getting them to bend the rules even if you have a logical reason (which I think you do).

Years ago OV had both EB and their own loyalty program where you gained status after X flights on OV metal. At that time, I was flying TLL-LGW-TLL weekly and had about 20 non-refundable round-trips booked for the next 3 months, which would have easily made me eligible. Of course, they refused to give me status until I actually flew those flights, despite having pre-paid non-refundable tickets showing I would fly them.

And with my luck, their special status program ended up being discontinued right after I flew my qualifying flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.