Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SK flags intention to remove intra-europe C

Old Feb 17, 13, 2:51 am
THD
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC

Doing the rounds in the several newspapers and even the local language forums this weekend is that Philip Wågnert, VP Product Development and Management, has raised the possibility of removing C on SK intra-european routes.

SAS overvejer farvel til europæisk business class

SAS kan ta bort business class

Is the marginal cost of offering C/Y/M over a 2-class Y/M really that significant that it makes sense to give up a the higher yielding segment? I can understand that most intra-european routes, especially with the new leisure focus of SK, will not require C, but more business routes such as LHR, BHX, FRA, MUC the C cabin is never empty in my experience.
Old Feb 17, 13, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
And you can also say bye bye to your connecting premium traffic to feed long haul flights.
Old Feb 17, 13, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
This is a point that comes up ever so frequently, I do not think that it will happen as a general thing. But maybe on the shorter routes, up to an hour or so, and on the CRJ routings. But due to the ability to attract connecting traffic I don't think that it will generally disappear.
And honestly, what is the cost of keeping it around? If there are no passengers booked on a flight, no real cost of having offered C. And with the prices that SK charge for the European C class yield must be relatively good. It is not like they keep a lot of rows empty, if they need the rows in other classes, there is just one C row.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: