Fast track to gold

Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
Apparently the triple points are added manually after a while, so keep your hopes up. Are you sure the travel period was 01 JAN - 15 MAR? Could it not potentially have started later in January?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: SK*LifetimeG, AY*S, Member of LH, BA, VS, NH and FI
Everest, thanks for your cheer-up! I will keep eye on my account for a while.

I checked the e-mail that I have received. The period was 1st Jan - 15th Mar.

The original e-mail text translated from Danish to English by Google translate is:
Right now we make it easier for you to keep your Gold Card! You get triple points * on all your flights with SAS (except domestic in Norway) from 1 January - 15 March 2013. All you need to do is sign up here and book your trips by 31 December 2012.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: EBG (* G), CFA (ST E+)
Any idea how many days usually elapse between the end of the round trip and the accreditation of the triple points? (I assume they will be credited at the same tame for both legs).
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: BA, SK
Originally Posted by AlbertoSantini
Any idea how many days usually elapse between the end of the round trip and the accreditation of the triple points? (I assume they will be credited at the same tame for both legs).
I was informed by SAS EB today that the points will only be credited at the end of the accreditation period...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by fly12345
I was informed by SAS EB today that the points will only be credited at the end of the accreditation period...
No way... We have to wait until March 15 to be EBG!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: EBG
This seems to be in line with their previous "points booster" schemes. Makes sense, but it would have been nice to be informed about it at sign-up (unless I missed it in the small print). Also, why not just credit the points with normal flight earnings? It's not like there is a quota to fill as with the points booster. I've already flown TATL at the beginning of January, will fly short haul again this weekend, and another TATL in February and I have to wait until March 15th for the points??? I'm not worried as my earning period ends Oct 31st, but what about those whose earning periods have ended or will end prior to March 15th who will be delayed up to 3 months from getting their shiny golden cards? Not well planned, but a great offer!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:00 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by KroFlyer
I'm not worried as my earning period ends Oct 31st, but what about those whose earning periods have ended or will end prior to March 15th who will be delayed up to 3 months from getting their shiny golden cards? Not well planned, but a great offer!
My qualification year is March-February, and my email offer was for flying in Jan-Feb, so I hope that my points will show up Feb 28. Or rather, they can very well show up a little later, but it is important that they belong to my qualification year Mar12-Feb13. But I'm not really worried about that not happening.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: SK*Gold
Not a happy camper about that. I'm flying to BKK next week to get enough points for EBG, but my accreditation period ends August 31. This means I lose EBG for a half year of what I was believed I would get.

SK should have made this clear in the offer- I'm not sure if I would have booked the flight if I knew this.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Amexpat
Not a happy camper about that. I'm flying to BKK next week to get enough points for EBG, but my accreditation period ends August 31. This means I lose EBG for a half year of what I was believed I would get.

SK should have made this clear in the offer- I'm not sure if I would have booked the flight if I knew this.
I think there is a misunderstanding. As far as I have understood, EB does not credit the triple point immediately after the flight, but DOES credit them at the end of the promotional period (15th of March for most of us). Nobody said that the points will be credited at the end of your qualification period!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by AlbertoSantini
I think there is a misunderstanding. As far as I have understood, EB does not credit the triple point immediately after the flight, but DOES credit them at the end of the promotional period (15th of March for most of us). Nobody said that the points will be credited at the end of your qualification period!
Thanks, I see that I mixed up promotional accreditation period with personal qualification period. SK crediting the points at the end of the promotional period is fair (mine is also March 15) and most likely won't disadvantage me.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, Flying Blue, Radisson Rewards, ALL
Also had the same questions about when the points will come in as I have just flew CPH-IAD roundtrip on C but could only see the normal points coming in. After contacting SAS they confirmed that the points will be added after the promotional period.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: SK EB*G
Originally Posted by ttwu
Also had the same questions about when the points will come in as I have just flew CPH-IAD roundtrip on C but could only see the normal points coming in. After contacting SAS they confirmed that the points will be added after the promotional period.
No clarification on whether flights booked before the campaign are eligible?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:18 am

Programs: EB-G, FB-G
I signed up for OT as I bought my tickets, it willl be interesting to see what happens if I get upgraded.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: SAS
I see that the extra basic points from the campaign are now showing on my account, including a flight on February 1st.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by cph_flyer
I see that the extra basic points from the campaign are now showing on my account, including a flight on February 1st.
Same here!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.