Fast track to gold

Old Feb 4, 13, 11:14 pm

Programs: Various
The two last legs now posted. I'm happy.
Old Feb 5, 13, 1:14 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by AlbertoSantini View Post
Same here!
And here. 30 000 total for a round trip OSL-EWR
Old Feb 5, 13, 3:18 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by cph_flyer View Post
I see that the extra basic points from the campaign are now showing on my account, including a flight on February 1st.
It looks like we won't have to wait until March 15 to get the triple points. I just got credited today for the triple points for a flight to BKK on Jan 26. Returned today from BKK so I should be EBG, for the first time, within two weeks.
Old Feb 5, 13, 3:45 am

Programs: EBG
I just checked my account and noticed that I have received the 3x points for 2 of my flights in January, which I booked just after receiving the email for the fast track to gold campaign. However, the flights I took Jan 1 and 2 have not posted for me or my wife yet. These were booked well before the campaign, however.

Were all the flights that you all have received the 3x points for booked after receiving the campaign offer, or before?
Old Feb 5, 13, 4:48 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by KroFlyer View Post
Were all the flights that you all have received the 3x points for booked after receiving the campaign offer, or before?
Mine were booked after recieving the campaign offer.
Old Feb 5, 13, 6:08 am

Same for me.
Old Feb 5, 13, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Amexpat View Post
Same for me.
Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll have to have a chat with SAS to confirm whether or not I'll be receiving the 3x bonus. I don't have a good feeling about this.
Old Feb 5, 13, 10:55 pm

I can confirm that optiontown upgrades will count triple as well. I got a total of 40500 basis points for my CPH-BKK trip upgraded from economy to business with optiontown.
Old Feb 8, 13, 12:51 am

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll have to have a chat with SAS to confirm whether or not I'll be receiving the 3x bonus. I don't have a good feeling about this.
Same for me. I hope I will get the bonus as the offer was flight booked latest end of 2012. There was no mention that flights have to booked after campaign mail.
Old Feb 13, 13, 3:35 am

Programs: EBG (* G), CFA (ST E+)
Update: other triple points received and status achieved - 5 months earlier than expected. I'm curious to see if they will still give me triple points now that they're basically useless!
Old Feb 13, 13, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by AlbertoSantini View Post
Update: other triple points received and status achieved - 5 months earlier than expected. I'm curious to see if they will still give me triple points now that they're basically useless!
I should be EBG in a week or so and my next earning period doesn't start until September, which means that any basic points I get until then are useless, so I have less of a motivation to fly SK instead of another *carrier.

Too bad there isn't a carryover for basic points above the gold level earned within an earning period. Perhaps allowing a carryover 50% of surplus basic points to the next period would encourage more flights with SK once EBG has been reached in an earning period?
Old Feb 13, 13, 4:45 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by Amexpat View Post
I should be EBG in a week or so and my next earning period doesn't start until September, which means that any basic points I get until then are useless, so I have less of a motivation to fly SK instead of another *carrier.

Too bad there isn't a carryover for basic points above the gold level earned within an earning period. Perhaps allowing a carryover 50% of surplus basic points to the next period would encourage more flights with SK once EBG has been reached in an earning period?
While I agree rollover points would add to the offering, there's still 25% bonuspoint and advanced seat selection to keep you flying SAS
Old Feb 13, 13, 6:51 am

UPDATE

I just checked my account and noticed that I have received the 3x points for 2 of my flights in January, which I booked just after receiving the email for the fast track to gold campaign. However, the flights I took Jan 1 and 2 have not posted for me or my wife yet. These were booked well before the campaign, however.
I have been in contact with SAS and was told that the additional points will be posted to my account after the campaign period is over (ie. after March 15th).

I have a theory, but don't know how sane it is. The flights I took in January that were not awarded the campaign points were the outbound segments of an itinerary that will be completed in September. The flights I took that were awarded the points was a completed itinerary. I wonder if the fact that only half of the other itinerary was completed during the campaign period is slowing down receiving the additional points, as the points for the itinerary I completed were posted to my account some days after all segments were flown.

I will test this theory next week when I travel to EWR and back on a complete itinerary. I should be getting 3x status and extra points for that trip, thanks to the Xmas calendar campaign. Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 14, 13, 2:57 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Marriott Rewards, SPG, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Still no reports that triple qualifying points have posted for itineraries booked before the promotion?
Old Feb 16, 13, 8:09 am

Programs: SK*LifetimeG, AY*S, Member of LH, BA, VS, NH and FI
I have not been checking my points lately. I checked the points today and I can see that I have received for 3x basic points for my flights I booked after I had received the promotion mail.

Regarding my flight on 2nd Jan, which had been booked a way before the promotion mail, 3x basic points were not credited.

Anyway, I got G for another year. So I am happy.

Search this Thread