Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast track to gold

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
JThe biggest hurdle with this: you need to book the flights before year end.
Is this really true?
Got is as well - but did not seem to remember that condition.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:36 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Nor have all SE members been provided with this promotion.
Not all NO members either, I'm third year EBG (alternating EBS/EBG in the previous years) and did not get the promo. My earning period is AUG-JUL and I'm now about a third on my way to requalifying.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Any idea if code share flights with Aeroflot are eligible for points that would count towards EBG?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Is this really true?
Got is as well - but did not seem to remember that condition.
Could be diffent from member to member and country of ressidence (I doubt), but "my" offer is clear (in Danish): Så skal du bare booke dine rejser og tilmelde dig senest 31. december 2012.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by KiwiRob
Any idea if code share flights with Aeroflot are eligible for points that would count towards EBG?
You can be sure: SK-metal only.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: EB*G ; MR Plat
I just called the Service Desk and they could not provide a straight answer: if you can book a TPC flight before December 31st and have it count towards this promo.
The email only states "Book by December 31st" but with TPC you do not pay anything until the day of the flight.
The agent could not confirm if "Book" means having a seat booked or having a reservation paid for.
I have the email showing my booking so if I don't get the promo I'll call the Service Desk and hope for the best.

Just thought this may interest some of you.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:31 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Just got an email from SAS that cleared up the question here about whether or not one had to book on the offer date to make use of the Christmas calender triple points offer. The email listed the destinations I registered for and stated that I needed to travel from Jan. 14 to March 10 to get the points. So if you registered for a destination on the date of offer you will get the extra points if you travel during above period.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:43 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Amexpat
Just got an email from SAS that cleared up the question here about whether or not one had to book on the offer date to make use of the Christmas calender triple points offer. The email listed the destinations I registered for and stated that I needed to travel from Jan. 14 to March 10 to get the points. So if you registered for a destination on the date of offer you will get the extra points if you travel during above period.

I do beleive that email is regarding the christmas calendar triple points offers to certain destinations NOT the fast track to gold promo some of you lucky ones got...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I do beleive that email is regarding the christmas calendar triple points offers to certain destinations NOT the fast track to gold promo some of you lucky ones got...
My bad, you're correct!

I originally got them mixed up and started to write here to complain about the changes of dates (the Xmas calender fly dates are for a shorter period of time then the gold track promo). I realized my mistake but forgot to move my comment to the Christmas calender thread when I rewrote the comment.

I'm now hoping for a sale to one of the my Xmas calender destinations before the end of the year to get triple extra and basic points.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
My bad, you're correct!

I originally got them mixed up and started to write here to complain about the changes of dates (the Xmas calender fly dates are for a shorter period of time then the gold track promo). I realized my mistake but forgot to move my comment to the Christmas calender thread when I rewrote the comment.

I'm now hoping for a sale to one of the my Xmas calender destinations before the end of the year to get triple extra and basic points.

I was going to fly to ord AND EWR but since on the dates im looking at UA is over 200 cheaper I wont be booking with sas. Had I gotten the fast track I would pay the extra but not woth it for extra points... Not to me atleast
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I was going to fly to ord AND EWR but since on the dates im looking at UA is over 200 cheaper I wont be booking with sas. Had I gotten the fast track I would pay the extra but not woth it for extra points... Not to me atleast
For me the extra points can be worth it, because with triple extra points you come close to a free upgrade from economy to economy plus. For example, with triple points OSL -EWR gives 11,100 extra points and you need 15,000 to upgrade to economy plus. If you have a connecting *A flight in the US you'll come real close to the needed 15,000 points.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:09 am

For me the extra points can be worth it, because with triple extra points you come close to a free upgrade from economy to economy plus. For example, with triple points OSL -EWR gives 11,100 extra points and you need 15,000 to upgrade to economy plus. If you have a connecting *A flight in the US you'll come real close to the needed 15,000 points.
The triple points come from SAS metal and without EBG/S bonus. But like I said for me only the status points matter as I have over 200k eurobonus points snd was planning to use them on BKK or SFO both which will not be happening very easily now but for those looking to upgrade it can be a good value indeed
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:42 pm

First post, but have been reading flyertalk for a good while. I have a flight back to Norway coming up and wonder: Do I get the extra points that counts towards a higher status from the gold status campaign even though I booked the flight before I registered for the campaign?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Viking93
First post, but have been reading flyertalk for a good while. I have a flight back to Norway coming up and wonder: Do I get the extra points that counts towards a higher status from the gold status campaign even though I booked the flight before I registered for the campaign?
I doubt it - the point for SK is to generate new business. They also don't do that for their point booster campaign (I've lost out a few times).

SK now has a sale to most of their long haul destinations which can be of interest for those who got the Fast Track invitation. I just booked a flight OSL-BKK which will give me 35,400 basic points for a discount economy ticket - enough to boost me up to EBG less than half way in my earning period. I'm border line if I want to go, so I'll use my 24 hour cancellation period to think about it.

Last edited by Amexpat; Dec 29, 2012 at 3:20 pm
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: SK*LifetimeG, AY*S, Member of LH, BA, VS, NH and FI
Had a flight from PVG to CPH early January. The booking had been made far before I registered to this campaign.

No triple status points for this flight.

So it means that you can only get triple status points if the booking was made after the registration latest 31st Dec 2012....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.