Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Trading of SAS shares has been halted [merged discussion on restructuring]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trading of SAS shares has been halted [merged discussion on restructuring]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I did not read Expressen and Aftonbladet, but the Danish summary made me very worried:

http://www.business.dk/oekonomi/avis...onkursens-rand

They use a phrase that before the day is over (today) SAS may be bunkrupt. I hope this is just a journalists hunt for sensation that makes the author overdrive. I certainly have some flights with SK this week. It would be a major trouble if they halted.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Originally Posted by wazow
I did not read Expressen and Aftonbladet, but the Danish summary made me very worried:

http://www.business.dk/oekonomi/avis...onkursens-rand

They use a phrase that before the day is over (today) SAS may be bunkrupt. I hope this is just a journalists hunt for sensation that makes the author overdrive. I certainly have some flights with SK this week. It would be a major trouble if they halted.
There has been a lot of trashtalk in media, especially from Dagens Industri (DI) and also from an "airline expert blog", and the newspapers are mostly just quoting from them... SAS will probably present a plan to restructure the company tomorrow (monday) morning. Let's wait and see what Richard Gustafsson has to say...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:17 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, Berlingske did not do any research on their own, they are only doing a rewrite on what was published in swedish evening press. So at this point it is a hunt for headlines.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: EBG, FB Gold, BA Silver
SAS to fire 1.000 and decrease salaries?

According to Norwegian newspaper VG, Danish TV reports that SAS has announced to fire 1.000 and reduce salaries of the remaining staff by 15 %...

Anyone know more?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by SK1989
There has been a lot of trashtalk in media, especially from Dagens Industri (DI) and also from an "airline expert blog", and the newspapers are mostly just quoting from them... SAS will probably present a plan to restructure the company tomorrow (monday) morning. Let's wait and see what Richard Gustafsson has to say...
I'm afraid it is more serious than that, in fact I am worried of losing a bunch of EB points ...

Hope I am wrong, though ...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:26 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Some newspaper are writing that the rumour might be part of high pressure negotiation. Wouldn't be surprised if paycut negotiations would have stalled and governments require paycut agreement before "investing" extra money into SAS... The situation is still quite different friom MA, the CEO haven't yet said publicly that we don't have money... http://www.kauppalehti.fi/etusivu/sa...a/201211302061
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by tsastor
I'm afraid it is more serious than that, in fact I am worried of losing a bunch of EB points ...

Hope I am wrong, though ...
You still have time to request *A award flights if you want to have peace of mind... All JK&MA issued tickets were OK to fly after the collapse...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by miikkak
You still have time to request *A award flights if you want to have peace of mind... All JK&MA issued tickets were OK to fly after the collapse...
I know, but I just haven't got the inspiration.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by intuition
Yes, Berlingske did not do any research on their own, they are only doing a rewrite on what was published in swedish evening press. So at this point it is a hunt for headlines.
Maybe, but the Swedish Broadcasting Company is telling the same story on their web page, FWIW. However, they quote an SAS spokeswoman as saying "we'll be flying as usual tomorrow". I hope so, although all I personally need right now is for them to continue flying until the end of today. Hopefully what we are seeing is management playing hardball with the employees - better late than never!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:26 am

Any other non-US *A member not charging for fuel on award tix? Prob. need a new *A partner soon and my current travel pattern would indicate TK (or LH).
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I just went through dr.dk website (the Danish TV) and have seen no precise statements like these. The only thing they say is repeating that they will fly as usual tomorrow. And analysts are stating that "SAS is too big to fail".
Old Nov 11, 2012, 6:59 am

"Dagens Industri" reports a conversation with the SAS spokeswoman where they asked her "There are customers who are wondering whether they dare to book with SAS. How do you view that?" Answer: "We will get back with more information tomorrow, we can't say anything before then". Oh dear... if not even their own spokeswoman dares to tell the public that it's safe to book with them, then it could be pretty serious.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by wazow
I just went through dr.dk website (the Danish TV) and have seen no precise statements like these. The only thing they say is repeating that they will fly as usual tomorrow. And analysts are stating that "SAS is too big to fail".

Larger companies than SAS has failed.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Maybe, but the Swedish Broadcasting Company is telling the same story on their web page, FWIW. However, they quote an SAS spokeswoman as saying "we'll be flying as usual tomorrow". I hope so, although all I personally need right now is for them to continue flying until the end of today. Hopefully what we are seeing is management playing hardball with the employees - better late than never!
Swedish broadcasting (SR) is also only re-hashing the same stuff.
All of the "substance" of the articles comes from here
http://res.se/blogg/richardsflygtank...eller-konkurs/

According to that blogger, some danish staff leaked the contents of the negotiations to him. I'd say the contents of the deal seems accurate (paycuts, changes in vaccation rules, flying staff to work on the ground) but the purpose of the leak IMO is a part of putting pressure on the other party.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by intuition
but the purpose of the leak IMO is a part of putting pressure on the other party.
Quite. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hardball

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.