Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Trading of SAS shares has been halted [merged discussion on restructuring]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trading of SAS shares has been halted [merged discussion on restructuring]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:14 am

Great to see SK sticking around for at least a few more months...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I was considering buying flowers for my 6am fight tomorrow, to give to the flight attendands . But then I am too lazy. Will probably celebrate it by buying a ticket instead ...
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Appears that in November they were just about 10 days away from the brink:

In an interview with Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter on Saturday, Deputy Chairman Jacob Wallenberg says the company had cash left for only another 10 days when it announced an annual $3 billion kronor ($460) cost-cutting plan in November.

Wallenberg says that “if we hadn’t got the agreements into place, SAS would have gone bankrupt and 15,000 employees would have lost their jobs.”
http://gulfnews.com/business/economy...ptcy-1.1125298

Let's see how long this latest restructuring allows SAS to get on until it plays with the brink again.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Appears that in November they were just about 10 days away from the brink:

http://gulfnews.com/business/economy...ptcy-1.1125298

Let's see how long this latest restructuring allows SAS to get on until it plays with the brink again.
It depends, if they can keep the load factor up, and operate fairly stable under the new cost levels, it should carry them for a while. But there are still things to be done in addition to the agreements with the cabin and cockpit crews. Once the last pieces start to fall in to place, I start guessing about the viability of SAS.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:10 am

SAS might sell Wideroe (and maybe EB?)

SAS have just sold Wideroe.

Snacky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.