Search

Rules for lifetime gold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*LifetimeG, AY*S, Member of LH, BA, VS, NH and FI
Rules for lifetime gold

I found following info on http://mysasidea.flysas.net
Maybe this info is not at all new for many EBG's in this forum, but I didn't know about it until today. Obviously, i have some questions regarding this.

1. Should it just 10 times or should it be 10 consecutive years?
2. Should it be 10 years just before you turn to be 60 years old?
3. Are there anybody who got lifetime gold in this forum?
4. Does a special card for lifetime gold exist? Or just the same design as gold?

Of course, SAS is economically in a bad shape, and we never know how long SAS will exist as it is. So lifetime gold could be worthless, but I am curious about it. So I hope that some can come with some info.

Hi. Apparently, we get this a lot ;-) As I just told Lars and Ioannis, we already give Lifetime Gold-membership to members who have reached EBG-status 10 times. We don't give them their Lifetime-membership until they’ve turned 60 years old, though, so that we reward them for their loyalty throughout their life. The reason we do not offer Lifetime Gold to members that are still in their most active years is because we want them to keep remaining loyal and travel with SAS in order to reach Gold-status every year. Once we give away a Lifetime Gold-card, we also take away a reason from members to year after year travel with SAS to not lose their Gold-status. Also: If too many members in their most active traveling days become Lifetime Gold, then the lounges would get overcrowded and the FastTrack would have to be renamed SlowTrack, and we would have to increase the Gold qualification threshold in order to bring down the number of Gold-members again. And that would make a lot of members unhappy. Best /M
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:32 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
As far as I know, it used to be 10 consecutive years, but not necessarily the 10 years before you turn 60.

But I dont know if the rules have been changed.
To me it sounds like 10 years as Gold spanning over lets say 50 years a bit to easy to achieve...
Im 24 and have been EBG the last two years and before that two years as well - now im on my way down to silver, next month...
Though maintaining StarGold true other programs
Old Nov 1, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Ok, interesting. First time ever, ever I see this on print. So if it is a statement is authoritative, it is good news.

As EBG for 14 consecutive years and only 8 years to 60, there is something nice to look forward to.

The 60 year rule seems fair.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
I am 36 and well on the way to the 10 times so I also have something to look forward to in 20+ years. Only question is if Eurobonus exist at that time.....

But I find the rules fine that after 10 times as EBG then after you turn 60 you will get the membership.

/HerrO
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:12 am
Suspended

OP may wish to look into Egyptair if you want Star Gold for life before 60 with easier earning and better stablilities than SAS.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by herro
I am 36 and well on the way to the 10 times so I also have something to look forward to in 20+ years. Only question is if Eurobonus exist at that time.....

But I find the rules fine that after 10 times as EBG then after you turn 60 you will get the membership.

/HerrO
I wouldn't count on EuroBonus being an SK loyalty program by the time you are 60 years of age -- the airline will be a shadow of even its current self or just bones for a museum. Even if SK were to magically thrive, SK could change the rules -- as LH has before -- such that it make lifetime status more difficult/impossible and/or less valuable to achieve with the airline.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I wouldn't count on EuroBonus being an SK loyalty program by the time you are 60 years of age -- the airline will be a shadow of even its current self or just bones for a museum. Even if SK were to magically thrive, SK could change the rules -- as LH has before -- such that it make lifetime status more difficult/impossible and/or less valuable to achieve with the airline.
I have exactly the same concerns - this is also why one always thinking of changing to a FT program at another carrier.... but I do like SK and that is the reason why I am still are around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.