Search

Fast track at GOT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD
Fast track at GOT

This seems not to have been mentioned before:

"We are pleased to add Gothenburg Landvetter Airport to the list of airports offering SAS Fast Track security/priority secure lane for our premium passengers. SAS Fast Track Security/priority security lane at Gothenburg Landvetter is available to EuroBonus Gold members and passengers traveling with SAS and Widerøe in Business and Economy Extra.

Since February, we have tested a SAS self-service Fast Track Security/priority security lane for domestic routes departing from Gothenburg. SAS self-service Fast Track Security will now be launched as a permanent product offered to SAS EuroBonus Gold members."
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:31 am

Programs: UA-1K
Too bad they don't allow all *G through Fast Track
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I believe that there is no agreement in *A that would set up a payment scheme for this. Why should they take the cost for pax that have nothing to do with them.

PS. I agree that it would make sense to let *G pax flying SK use the fast track (as opposed to *G pax flying other airlines).
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:50 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Can confirm that *G are being refused fast track, refused two ahead of me who were flying M this morning. The staff are still getting used to the setup, they compare the boarding card to a cheat sheet showing what is accepted. A photo of EBG appears on the sheet, so one can probably get away with it even when flying a non SK flight. Takes them a while to identify the cabin class, will get better with time.

On a side note, breakfast in the lounge has been enhanced, pate and capsicum are gone. Only cheese, ham and cereal. Still fresh orange juice.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:40 pm

EBG flying on other *A airlines are allowed to use the fast track in CPH. I see no reason why it should be different in GOT.

Regarding the lounge offerring, I see some fluctuation from day to day and hour-to-hour, so may be pate and capsicum is not entireyly lost as of yet?

(well stupid me - never been to GOT, so do not know their offerring scheme)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA-1K
In the US, any *G is allowed to use UA's Premier access lane through security.
Why can't SK allow *G through their lane?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:06 pm
THD

Fast track in general is a pretty new concept at GOT, was only introduced as part of the latest refurbishment of the security area. It is the same at airport operator as ARN, but not CPH, at ARN access is provided by SK, LH and BA, but to my knowledge it is only for members in their own respective programmes, not alliance partners. My guess is it must be to do with the way the deal between Swedavia and SK is structured, SK probably incur higher charges if they were to give fast track to alliance partners.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:54 am
Ve8

Programs: EBG
Thumbs down Fast Track in OSL

A few weeks ago I flew from ARN to OSL and transferred to domestic flight on SAS. For this I had to exit the international terminal and go through security again in the domestic terminal. As an EBG I went to the Fast Track line, but was told by the officer that EBG does not give you access to Fast Track on domestic flights! I showed my EBG card and was even flying Economy Extra but nothing helped!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 8:19 am
THD

Noticed that the fast track at GOT is now sporting text "star alliance gold" underneath which it was not two weeks ago. Wonder if that means pax flying Go with *G can now use fast track. Previously it was EBG, Y & C pax. Happened to be in Plus so my OZ*G was not used.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by THD
Noticed that the fast track at GOT is now sporting text "star alliance gold" underneath which it was not two weeks ago. Wonder if that means pax flying Go with *G can now use fast track. Previously it was EBG, Y & C pax. Happened to be in Plus so my OZ*G was not used.
Yes star gold has access to the fast lane at GOT , also when flying for example on LH
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:11 pm

While I am happy for other *G's to be able to reap the benefits, I am quite worried that inconsistency across different SK airports is going to frustrate a lot of our fellow travellers.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:26 am
lnz

Programs: LH SEN
Question

Hi

sorry to dig out this old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had new insight whether or not *G members can use fast track in GOT?

3 weeks ago I asked the lady scanning the boarding passes if I could use fast track (I was on a LH flight and I am SEN) and she said "yes, if I get my BP reprinted in SAS format at check-in". Sounds strange to me, but maybe someone can confirm that?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
They go off what the computer tells them. When they scan it says in big letters if you are eligible or not. Whenever I have had a problem, I just show them the card, where it says *G and in calm voice tell them I am eligible.

That said the whole system is a bit naff, as it involves you then pushing in front of the existing line right at the scanner. And it is not obvious to those in the other line where you came from, why you suddenly appeared and why you should go in front.

As security is rarely an issue except early morning it can get a bit long, you decide if it is worth going the hassle of a new boarding card. Oh, and if in the regular line, never ever choose the far right queue as that has the *G randomly appearing from the priority line ;-)
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:47 am
lnz

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
They go off what the computer tells them. When they scan it says in big letters if you are eligible or not. Whenever I have had a problem, I just show them the card, where it says *G and in calm voice tell them I am eligible.

That said the whole system is a bit naff, as it involves you then pushing in front of the existing line right at the scanner. And it is not obvious to those in the other line where you came from, why you suddenly appeared and why you should go in front.

As security is rarely an issue except early morning it can get a bit long, you decide if it is worth going the hassle of a new boarding card. Oh, and if in the regular line, never ever choose the far right queue as that has the *G randomly appearing from the priority line ;-)
Thanks for the insight. I will try next time.

I agree, at busy times it can also be a hassle to get a new BP.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:01 am

I still think you cannot count on getting FT access with LH SEN.

You need to have either SK*G or travlleing in SK Plus. In CPH and ARN they are pretty strcit about that.

It doesn't matter if it is a SK printed boarding pass or not. If it is, then the system is flawed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.