Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Invite your friends and earn 6000 Extra points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EB Diamond - QR Gold - FB Silver

Came across this today. Haven't seen it discussed in here.
Anyone got any points from it yet?

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/o...r-get-member/#
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
Thanks for the tip, aboeer.

If someone wants an invite, send me a PM
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Well, 6.000 sounds fine. But who can find 12 persons, they know, which not already are a member AND wants to be an EB-member? Not me.

The price pr. new member is only 500 points.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: EBG
And you can ONLY invite 12, so if not all 12 sign up you miss out on some points. If they were clever they would let you invite as many as you want, and if they wanted to put a limit on the reward they can stop giving you points after 12 have joined. Then they could have possibly gained more members.

I always feel awkward asking friends and family to do stuff like this for me, therefore I don't do it too frequently. However, I did send out 12 invites as this seems to be the cheapest way to gain a possible 6000 points at the moment. Whether they sign up or not...
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:53 am

anyone know what the friends have to do? is it just a simple sign up form? they dont need to fly by a certain date or do anything to really activate their account, right? just want to know before i spam my friends who have no real intention of becoming an EB member thanks
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:08 am

does anyone have the problem that the actual sign up form doesnt work for their friends? mine fill out the information, click sign up, and then get an error or all their data gets wiped from the screen.... this is very annoying. in both Chrome and Safari.... any tips?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:02 am
Original Poster

I tried with two friends, and they signed up. No problems.
Just a few days ago so not seen any points yet...

A bit curious to see if I get any....
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by twosidedbin
does anyone have the problem that the actual sign up form doesnt work for their friends? mine fill out the information, click sign up, and then get an error or all their data gets wiped from the screen.... this is very annoying. in both Chrome and Safari.... any tips?
I had two friends so far try to sign up and they had a similar problem. They were both signing up from the US with addresses in two different states. When they hit the button to confirm and sign up after inputing their details there was an error message that their state was invalid. I filled out a dummy application from Norway using a US address and got the same result. This isn't exactly something I want to call and complain about, but it is annoying that I worked for SAS by soliciting new EB members and they can't even apply...kinda makes me look dumb. SK IT as usual.

edit: I used Internet Explorer for my dummy application
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:28 pm

yeah - same problems for me. but for all my contacts (since they are all in the US). i did write a complaint however, it is super annoying.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Points posted overnight for me but not for GF.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by travelkid
Points posted overnight for me but not for GF.
They have changed the T&A I think:

We will reward you with 500 Extra points for each new member and they must have at least one activity on their account before December 31, 2012, only then will your own account be filled up with up to 6 000 Extra points, enough for a single award flight between Kiruna north of Sweden to Malmo in the south!

That is new to me....

/HerrO
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by herro

We will reward you with 500 Extra points for each new member and they must have at least one activity on their account before December 31, 2012, only then will your own account be filled up with up to 6 000 Extra points, enough for a single award flight between Kiruna north of Sweden to Malmo in the south!

That is new to me....

/HerrO
Thats definately new. Still t&c says only "5.A Participant will earn 500 EuroBonus points when a friend accepts an invitation to join EuroBonus. A Participant can invite up to 12 friends and receive up to 6,000 EuroBonus points. No purchase or transaction is required to participate in the Campaign"

However whats the cheapest activity? Any transfer partners?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by travelkid
Thats definately new. Still t&c says only "5.A Participant will earn 500 EuroBonus points when a friend accepts an invitation to join EuroBonus. A Participant can invite up to 12 friends and receive up to 6,000 EuroBonus points. No purchase or transaction is required to participate in the Campaign"

However whats the cheapest activity? Any transfer partners?
Have looked more and it is only this link who says this:

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/o...r-get-member/#

The DK one when you log in with you EB number does not state that activity have to be present to get 500 points.

So might be some local stuff??!?

/HerrO
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Strange.... My points posted yesterday. And my "friends" didn't have any kind of activity on their account.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:05 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by herro

That is new to me....

/HerrO
At least in Finland one gets instantly 100 points when registering. I think those points count as I received my points two days ago... Although T&A might be market-specific...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.