Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Oslo (OSL)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: *G
I'd let it depend on my travel insurance... If not covered (with rebooking in C), I'd opt to go a day earlier as well..
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by studentCPH
I'd let it depend on my travel insurance... If not covered (with rebooking in C), I'd opt to go a day earlier as well..
I did get travel insurance for this ticket actually but I seriously doubt it it covers such rebooking, and I don't want to test it in real life...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
In my opinion you should be safe. SAS is quite flexible in these cases, so if you miss the OSL-CPH-flight, there is time and a high likelihood, that you will be rebooked on OSL-KEF. Space permitting, of course.

It is also in the interest of SAS. Alternatives are rebooking on other carriers (FI) or overnight expenses at CPH. And +4 hours compensation. Rebooking cost zero.

35 minutes is per definition enough for the luggage. Should the connecting time get much smaller, your luggage could miss it. But as the OSL-flight leaves more than one hour later than the CPH-flight, there is time enough to redirect your baggage. And I suppose – suppose – that SK-handling at OSL is bright and flexible enough to see that opportunity....
Just a heads up for those who search this in the future. I had already preemptively changed my flight to the direct OSL-KEF, and now sitting in the airport waiting for it, I'm glad I did. Arrived from LYR seven minutes early and proceeded to immigration which took about 25 minutes. Not really sure what the hang up was, but when the European passport lines were empty, instead of taking people from the "all passports" line, they just left. So there still remained about 40 people in line.

Finally got through that and proceeded to a door with a sign saying connecting flights with an arrow, only to have that door be locked by the time we got there. Waited there with a group of 20 or so for probably another 15 minutes, then finally some agents seemed surprised to see us, gathered some crew and opened the door to the security area. Finally made it through security around 6:10. Because I now had time to kill, walked to the gate that the CPH flight was departing from and it was long gone. Got there around 6:20, 55 minutes after we had landed. Now, it's likely SAS would have rebooked us on the direct, but certainly no guarantee. So essentially, YMMV with the short connections at OSL.

Chris
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Virgin Velocity, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
SAS layover in OSL questions

Hello everyone,
I am planning to fly from Tromso to Stockholm in mid July.
It is a 1 stop flight, with nearly a 3 hour layover in Oslo.
My questions :
1) With the layover in Oslo, am i confined within the transfer section ? Or i can move around the airport freely ?
2) Is the flight to Stockholm considered an international flight ? (Just wondering if i need to go through passport and security checks)
3) Will my luggage be checked through to Stockholm, and i will get 2 boarding passes when i check in at Tromso ?

Thank you.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:59 pm

You are free to go anywhere, but of course if you leave airside you need to clear security coming back in. Arriving in domestic terminal, you simply walk to international terminal. No security for this transfer and no passport control as you are flying within Schengen.

Just one point, once you leave domestic and enter international terminal you cannot go back unless exiting the terminal and reclaring security, if there is anything in particular you want to do in domestic terminal. If you have access to SAS lounge (Plus ticket og Star alliance Gold card) you have time for a workout in the gym and a shower in the domestic lounge before heading over to the international terminal.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by view
You are free to go anywhere, but of course if you leave airside you need to clear security coming back in. Arriving in domestic terminal, you simply walk to international terminal. No security for this transfer and no passport control as you are flying within Schengen.

Just one point, once you leave domestic and enter international terminal you cannot go back unless exiting the terminal and reclaring security, if there is anything in particular you want to do in domestic terminal. If you have access to SAS lounge (Plus ticket og Star alliance Gold card) you have time for a workout in the gym and a shower in the domestic lounge before heading over to the international terminal.
Thank you very much for the helpful reply View
Old May 10, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: Eurobonus
And last: You'll get one boarding pass, and your luggage will be shipped directly to ARN. You hand in your luggage in Tromsř and pick it up in Stockholm.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
If you haven't booked yet, there is a direct flight (SK1491).
Old May 28, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
If you haven't booked yet, there is a direct flight (SK1491).
Thank you for the tip, Moose. Sadly, there are no direct flights on the way that i am departing (14th July)
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: A3 *G
I digged very old thread but to me it is the best one for my question.
I was thinking about mileage run from Oslo with Lot Polish Airlines. I'd like to buy WAW-OSL ticket (Lot Polish Airlines) and then catch the same plane starting other trip.
WAW-OSL lands at 10:00
OSL-WAW departs at 10:40
I won't have checked luggage. Do you think it is safe to plan it like this? Other options require overnight stop in Oslo.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:51 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by tasma
I digged very old thread but to me it is the best one for my question.
I was thinking about mileage run from Oslo with Lot Polish Airlines. I'd like to buy WAW-OSL ticket (Lot Polish Airlines) and then catch the same plane starting other trip.
WAW-OSL lands at 10:00
OSL-WAW departs at 10:40
I won't have checked luggage. Do you think it is safe to plan it like this? Other options require overnight stop in Oslo.
You risk having to go through customs and then a new security check in Oslo, as not all arriving international gates allow direct entry for transfer passengers into the departure hall. Security check is usually quick at that time of the day, I still would reckon 15 minutes to go through customs, head upstairs and through security and back to the gate. Probably doable, but not 100 %
tasma likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by tasma
Do you think it is safe to plan it like this?
There have been some recent posts in the AY forum about risks with direct turnarounds on AY:
tasma likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 12:04 pm

I am flying BGO-OSL-EWR. I am exclusively on SAS, on a single ticket. I will have one checked suitcase. SAS has given me 55 minutes for the connection.

It has been several years since any message has been posted on this thread? Has anything changed?

What is the quickest way to walk from the domestic terminal where the flight from Bergen will arrive to the international departure area for my flight to Newark?
Will I need to retrieve my checked suitcase or will it be checked through to Newark?
Will I need to wait in another security line?
What are my rights as a passenger if SAS is responsible for causing me to miss the flight to Newark?

Thank you.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by stususs
I am flying BGO-OSL-EWR. I am exclusively on SAS, on a single ticket. I will have one checked suitcase. SAS has given me 55 minutes for the connection.

It has been several years since any message has been posted on this thread? Has anything changed?

What is the quickest way to walk from the domestic terminal where the flight from Bergen will arrive to the international departure area for my flight to Newark?
Will I need to retrieve my checked suitcase or will it be checked through to Newark?
Will I need to wait in another security line?
What are my rights as a passenger if SAS is responsible for causing me to miss the flight to Newark?

Thank you.
Follow the signs.
No need to retrieve the bags.
No security check necessary in OSL
EC261 applies. Unless there's a significant delay you'll make the connection easily...
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
SAS will rebook you to an alternative if you miss your OSL-EWR over delays on BGO-OSL. I general 55 minutes at OSL is plenty of time if your flight is on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.