Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

No more champagne in Economy Extra

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more champagne in Economy Extra

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G
Thumbs down No more champagne in Economy Extra

So, from now on there will be no Nicolas Feuillatte in Economy Extra
The replacement is (or was at least on SK903 today) some kind of sparkling wine (French though) which name I didn't bother to remember.
Thanks to the FA who realized my disappointment and all of a sudden arranged with some real stuff ^
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jonas H
So, from now on there will be no Nicolas Feuillatte in Economy Extra
The replacement is (or was at least on SK903 today) some kind of sparkling wine (French though) which name I didn't bother to remember.
Thanks to the FA who realized my disappointment and all of a sudden arranged with some real stuff ^
Wow that is bad news
The excellent champagne were one of the only frills in Economy Extra
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Hope this was a one off error. Had champagne in E+ just last week flying MUC-CPH.

Good that the FA managed to find you a bottle!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Im flying CPH-NCE 20 June and NCE-CPH the 29 June as well as CPH-PMI the 22 July and PMI-CPH the 27 July all in Economy Extra - will check-up on it!

By the way, anybody who knows what service the provide in Economy Extra on CPH-PMI-CPH? Its a 3+ h. flight.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
By the way, anybody who knows what service the provide in Economy Extra on CPH-PMI-CPH? Its a 3+ h. flight.
Did BCN-CPH two weeks ago in Eco+. Same flight time as PMI-CPH (2.40 airborne). A decent cold meal (salmon is back!), good bread and an outstanding personal service – which included several bottles without even asking for more (champagne and a great French white wine).
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Did BCN-CPH two weeks ago in Eco+. Same flight time as PMI-CPH (2.40 airborne). A decent cold meal (salmon is back!), good bread and an outstanding personal service – which included several bottles without even asking for more (champagne and a great French white wine).
And I forgot: even a hot towel!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
Flew 2 days ago CPH - EWR. The same unknown French sparkling wine.
But they still give you a bottle of water (the taste is similar).
I agree, one of the very few highlights of E+ is missing now.
IMHO the service was not as good as it used to be 1-2 years ago. E.g. I just saw them once between the meals coming through the cabin with soft drinks (on an 8 hours flight). Maybe it was just a lazy crew.

It looks as if SAS is trying to save money wherever they could.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:37 am

So it´s only gone for longhaul? I was coming back from FRA yesterday, but I was in C so no issues with Nicolas there

Eco Extra longhaul has been in decline for a long time in my opinion, it´s just not very different from Eco.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:46 am

Programs: EBD
Last week, I was in C LHR-CPH. They had a choice of two different NFs, but apparently they ran out of champagne very quickly, so my second bottle was a Pommery they managed to dig out from way back in the cabin.

Last edited by Jespersm; Jun 8, 2012 at 3:25 am
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:16 pm

Noooo! For realz?

I was in Y EWR - ARN and back again just over a week ago and there was plenty of NF. Is this temporary or permanent?

In the worst case I'll just bring the entire bottle of Tattinger from the SEN lounge and pass it around the cabin.

The other bummer is that when flying C i liked asking for a bottle of NF to the meal, opposed to drinking the Henriot, for some reason I just think NF tastes way better in the air.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: SK*(LT)G, AY
Feuillatte was available on BRU-CPH yesterday evening.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
You guys are not going to believe this. I received something like this in C on TYO-CPH. After dinner I asked for some champagne and the guy brought this mini-bottle. I didn't get a chance to look at it before rejecting it and asking for the Henriot. The background of the label was white or cream colored. So maybe they were serving this in Y?

Pre-departure they were serving Drappier. Used to often serve NF.

I flew Y on CPH-ARN yesterday and noticed that the label of the NF had changed.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 3:28 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Just flew SK523 GOT-LHR. NF was offerred to C and Y, although admittedly there were only 4 bottles and C was 2 rows, Y was 1 row. I was the only taker, being 830 in the morning
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
NF was served today on ATH-CPH in both C and Y ^
Old Jun 10, 2012, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G
No champagne ORD-ARN either. One of the FA:s regretted to confirm that the sparkling wine would be it from now on. Strange it only concerns long haul though...
She also said they were cutting down the cabin crew during the summer, leaving them one short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.