Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eco-Extra Seat Number Discrepancy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry

I did a search, but if this has been covered please redirect me.

I just booked two tickets in Economy Extra, IAD-CPH for next month. SeatGuru lists this section of the plane as rows 14 through 17, whereas the SAS website seat selection tool offers rows 14 through 18. Can any EB flyers shed some light on this?

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:21 am

Programs: SK*B, M&M
Originally Posted by glasnost7

I just booked two tickets in Economy Extra, IAD-CPH for next month. SeatGuru lists this section of the plane as rows 14 through 17, whereas the SAS website seat selection tool offers rows 14 through 18. Can any EB flyers shed some light on this?

Thanks!
SeatGuru is not updated for A340. The Airbus A330 has rows 14-18 in Eco Extra, Airbus A340 has rows 14-17, but one A340 has the A330 configuration with five rows.
I think you are booked on the A340 with A330 configuration, 264 seats.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist

Thanks!
Well it looks to me like you just looked up the wrong plane at seatguru? A340 is Economy Extra from 14 to 17 and A330 is Economy Extra from row 14 to 18... So if SAS offers 14-18 the flight is operated by A330.

By the way, I would highly recommend row 14 especially seat AB and GH
Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
By all accounts, this plane is an A340, so I guess it's the one with an extra row of Economy Extra. I booked in front of row 17 just in case of a swap; too bad row 14 was taken on every flight... I imagine it's first to go!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: EBS
By all accounts, this plane is an A340, so I guess it's the one with an extra row of Economy Extra. I booked in front of row 17 just in case of a swap; too bad row 14 was taken on every flight... I imagine it's first to go!
I think A and H are blocked until 22 hours before departure. These seats are assigned to pax with toddlers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.