Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

100% Earnings on Other *Alliance Carriers?

Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Dear all,

now that SK are introducing 100% earnings I wondered if anyone has detailed information on how miles will be credited to other Star Alliance carriers? Will it still be 25% on the lowest economy classes?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I doubt it will change in regards to other programs... This way there would be a huge incentive to credit to eurobonus
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by kauppias
I doubt it will change in regards to other programs... This way there would be a huge incentive to credit to eurobonus
And to fly on SK metal ....
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
And to fly on SK metal ....
Yes thats what I meant crediting sk flights to EB
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Platinum,AB Top Bonus , LH Miles & More, Virgin Flying Club
Hi all,

i see no 100 % for SAS Flights on EuroBonus in Discounted Economy Flights in SAS Economy the only granted 25 % also then other Star Programm.

But the are better Silver and Gold treshold to become Silver and Gold then M&M.

Greetz, Svenfly
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:37 am

Programs: SK EB*G
Originally Posted by Svenfly
Hi all,

i see no 100 % for SAS Flights on EuroBonus in Discounted Economy Flights in SAS Economy the only granted 25 % also then other Star Programm.

But the are better Silver and Gold treshold to become Silver and Gold then M&M.

Greetz, Svenfly
Not sure I deciphered your message right, but the OP probably referred to the changes to Eurobonus effective May 4th, when all SK flights credited to EB will earn 100%.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Platinum,AB Top Bonus , LH Miles & More, Virgin Flying Club
Hi seat56f,

oh when thats right are great news for SAS EuroBonus.

But looks like SAS wants change the alliance or??

Greetz, sven.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Svenfly
Hi seat56f,

oh when thats right are great news for SAS EuroBonus.

But looks like SAS wants change the alliance or??

Greetz, sven.
SAS wants to change what alliance?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Well, all I wanted to know was how miles on SK will be credited to other carriers after introducing 100% earnings.

I started the thread as I do many domestic flights on SK within Denmark. However, I always credit the miles to my UA Mileage Plus account as most of my long-haul flights are on UA.

I often do CPH-LHR as the first leg on which I always earn 152 miles i.e. 25% of the actual distance. I guess I am not the only one being tired of the 25% earnings
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by CehofskiMD
Well, all I wanted to know was how miles on SK will be credited to other carriers after introducing 100% earnings.

I started the thread as I do many domestic flights on SK within Denmark. However, I always credit the miles to my UA Mileage Plus account as most of my long-haul flights are on UA.

I often do CPH-LHR as the first leg on which I always earn 152 miles i.e. 25% of the actual distance. I guess I am not the only one being tired of the 25% earnings
The common opinion on this forum is that earnings on the other *A programmes are unlikely to change. But if you fly a lot of these SK segements, it may pay off to start crediting them to EB. Starting only May 4th, though.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by CehofskiMD

An educated guess:
If other Star Alliance FFPs where to change the earning on SK-flights I would think they would have done it by now.

They might change the earning chart later to 100 %. But I really doubt it. I believe it is up to the other FFP if they want to change the earning chart for SK.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by HenrikP
If other Star Alliance FFPs where to change the earning on SK-flights I would think they would have done it by now.

They might change the earning chart later to 100 %. But I really doubt it. I believe it is up to the other FFP if they want to change the earning chart for SK.
I think it's sort of reciprocal.

For example, here is the earning for SK flights when crediting to UA:
http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=317

Notice 25% for low economy.

Now let's look at earnings on UA for other *A carriers:
http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...ePartners.aspx

Only KF, SK, and LO flights will get you only 25% UA miles. All other *A carriers and you earn 50-100% for the lowest economy.

Now why would UA pick just SK/KF (and LO) for the 25% earnings? My guess is that is because SK decided that EB members earn only 25% on low UA flights, so UA reciprocated and devalued low SK flights.

The reason I think this was initiated by SK is that UA (and other *A carriers) don't generally seem to have this 25% rule, even between each other (like UA and LH for example).

So, UA has no incentive to give their members 100% on low SK flights, since SK gives its members only 25% on low UA flights.

This is all just a guess of course. I started shifting a lot of my earnings to OZ from SK, because of poor earnings on SK with domestics flights in the US. I do examine the earnings possibilities closely when booking for exactly this reason, and decide which FF program to credit it to based on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.