Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Confused about EBS and Business check-in

Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Hey I am a relatively new Eurobonus silver member aiming for gold soon due to extensive traveling.

But so far I am a happy silver member but can't help being confused which check in line I can use when traveling SAS in CPH..

At the airport there are usually lines saying; Economy extra check-in and saying Business and Gold, but never any indications where EBS should go :S.

I have mostly just picked whichever seemed less long, but have once been told I should use the line for Economy extra n not the business/Gold by a staff.. and once while standing in line a very annoyed check in lady kept pointing out to me and the other 3 people in the line it was only business check in.

So my question is, if anyone knows which rights I have ?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by cp86
Hey I am a relatively new Eurobonus silver member aiming for gold soon due to extensive traveling.

But so far I am a happy silver member but can't help being confused which check in line I can use when traveling SAS in CPH..

At the airport there are usually lines saying; Economy extra check-in and saying Business and Gold, but never any indications where EBS should go :S.

I have mostly just picked whichever seemed less long, but have once been told I should use the line for Economy extra n not the business/Gold by a staff.. and once while standing in line a very annoyed check in lady kept pointing out to me and the other 3 people in the line it was only business check in.

So my question is, if anyone knows which rights I have ?
You can use the business class check-in desks.

Quoted from flysas.com

"Silver members enjoy Basic benefits plus Business check-in, 15% more pointswhen flying, one extra piece of checked baggage free, priority on waiting lists and special privileges at hotel partners and on car rental."

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/EuroBonu...Member-levels/

Svantevit
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Welcome!

You have access to Business check-in with SAS, but not necessarily with other Star Alliance companies. The staff at CPH should know better than that!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:25 pm

BD*S and was never refused ckin at Business desk in Europe, dozens of airports and more than half of all possible *A euro-carriers (CPH is my home airport, never even question asked at checkin)... everytime card is checked in the beginning of the queue and that's all. many airports even allow fast track (well, not Scandinavian ones )
Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanx for the replies

The reason I got( get) confused in CPH is because of the signs/screens above the check in desks, there usually is a big sign at the end of the business/Gold line saying GOLD (can't remember if it says only will see next week), and then there is a desk/line for economy extra. But as I understand your replies, I am good to go in the Business/Gold line?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Thanx for the replies

The reason I got( get) confused in CPH is because of the signs/screens above the check in desks, there usually is a big sign at the end of the business/Gold line saying GOLD (can't remember if it says only will see next week), and then there is a desk/line for economy extra. But as I understand your replies, I am good to go in the Business/Gold line?
CPH has two premium check-in areas - Gold and Business - they are usually located right next to each other. As EBS (SK silver) you can use the Business check-in desk but not the Gold check-in desk.

Hope this helps.

Svantevit
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
Thanx for the replies

I think they may do this on purpose so that they can advertise the benefit without overloading the Biz line.. but I have been EBS for many years and at CPH never had an issue with the line that says gold.. I even stopped bringing the print out from their website that I used to arm myself with...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.