Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS C-class sale for this summer to US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond

Both Air Canada and Lufthansa have recently had special C-class offers from Europe to e.g. US. The travel period was around Easter, which make sense, since probably many regular business travelers are staying at home for the holidays...

Lufthansa are now running a new C-Class campaign for the summer holidays (July & August) from many European destinations to e.g. US, and SAS (www.flysas.com/us) have a similar campaign, but only if your return-journey starts in the US.

Do any of you know if SAS earlier have had a C-class campaign for the summer months outbound Scandinavia to the US, and/or is it likely that SAS in the coming months will copy/paste the Lufthansa campaign?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I cant recall any biz sales to the US during summer. And it is highly unlikely; SK flights to/from the US are usualy fully booked during the summer; no need to discount....
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: SK EB*G
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I cant recall any biz sales to the US during summer. And it is highly unlikely; SK flights to/from the US are usualy fully booked during the summer; no need to discount....
If that were the case, they wouldn't need to have an ex-US C class sale. Most likely, it's the M cabin that is filled upp with vacationers during summer (OptionTown opportunities here).

My guess is, C cabin full or not, that they still want to capitalize on their usual customers who flies (and pays for) SK C ex-Scandinavia anyway, and tries to fill the front cabin up with opportunistic ex-US travelers.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
SAS usually has a discount in Business Class during summer, but it's nothing like the prices we've seen from LH-group lately. If I remember correctly, SAS offered Oslo - New York return for aprox. 16 or 17.000 NOK, which is not a good deal in my book. Last year, SAS offered US to Europe return starting at a little over 2000 USD (incl. taxes), which was a good deal. The current US to Europe deal is more expensive, and I am pretty sure we'll see better prices on other *A carriers by Easter (for summer flights).

LH-group has way more premium seats to fill per day than SK, which can explain why they are having such frequent sales. They might be covering their bases a little bit in case we have a total financial melt-down. My guess is that we won't see prices as low as 2000 USD ex. Scandinavia, but I wouldn't be suprised if LH-group came up with an Easter campaign too.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
On SK and CO it is possible to go eco one way and bus the other, is this still not possible on LH? One the westbound daylight flight, at least for me, the need for a business seat is smaller so being able to mix classes is appreciated.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
I got a pretty good C fare on SK last July. I flew IAD-CPH and ARN-CPH-IAD (open-jaw) for around $2300 as I recall. I've never seen C fares in that range before, so I'm assuming it was a sale.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: EBG
SAS just published their ex-US summer sale in M, Y, and C.

M $1099
Y $1599
C $2259

Spring fares from the US to Scandinavia are pretty ok right now too.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond
Yes, but unfortunately no campaign in the opposite direction
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
Now on Sale, ex-Finland. approx 2k euros, not bad IMHO
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
SAS usually have their gate-cash up deals during the summer. On flights ex ARN to the US, an upgrade to Biz cost roughly 500 USD, and to Eco Extra 250.

It's not a bad offer, but not a good one either. I recon that it's a good 2nd chance in case your optiontown doesn't go through.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Smokingbread
Both Air Canada and Lufthansa have recently had special C-class offers from Europe to e.g. US. The travel period was around Easter, which make sense, since probably many regular business travelers are staying at home for the holidays...
Do you have any more information about these? Still available?

I've tried the LH website but don't find any offers for around Easter - perhaps it's too late.

Susan
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
Originally Posted by LH4116
SAS usually have their gate-cash up deals during the summer. On flights ex ARN to the US, an upgrade to Biz cost roughly 500 USD, and to Eco Extra 250.

It's not a bad offer, but not a good one either. I recon that it's a good 2nd chance in case your optiontown doesn't go through.
Sounds quite ok offer to me - is it with biz class point accruals as well?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: SK EB*G
Originally Posted by *RTW*
Sounds quite ok offer to me - is it with biz class point accruals as well?
IIRC gate cash upgrades are for the seat only, you don't get re-ticketed as with OT and consequently get no extra points.

Also the increased points accrual is less of a deal anyway now*, as discounted eco goes to 100% earnings in Eurobonus.

*From May 4th, I guess
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Lately it feels all their US flights are fully booked. It's been hard making late bookings, use points for upgrades and such in general. Makes you wonder why they aren't adding more flights.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Lately it feels all their US flights are fully booked. It's been hard making late bookings, use points for upgrades and such in general. Makes you wonder why they aren't adding more flights.
Well, SAS has no more capacity... If one plane goes tech, the whole flight plane get messed up....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.