Search

EBG Newbie

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
EBG Newbie

Two questions from (soon to be) EBG newbie,

1. Does anybody have any positive/negative experience accessing the SAS lounges with EBG card, *A boarding pass in cheap Y, and crediting miles to annother FFP? I am particularly interested in the CPH lounge.

I like my MM membership so much, that I feel like crediting to them most of my flights, as long as I do not need to requalify for next EBG.

2. As EBG in Denmark, can I get both Diners Club card and Master Card card combined with fee waved? Or is it just one for free per member? I have DC now, but MC is much more widely accepted, so I am considering getting this one, too
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
Originally Posted by wazow
Two questions from (soon to be) EBG newbie,

1. Does anybody have any positive/negative experience accessing the SAS lounges with EBG card, *A boarding pass in cheap Y, and crediting miles to annother FFP? I am particularly interested in the CPH lounge.
I have done that a number of times. No problems at all. They will initially guide you to the business part (on the left hand side), but as soon as you show them your EBG they will allow you to the SAS lounge on the right hand side.

However, you may get issues in the fast track with your MM number on the boarding pass. I have done it a few times as well, but it takes some persuasion once in a while.

I presume in my responses that you are Senator with MM.

2. As EBG in Denmark, can I get both Diners Club card and Master Card card combined with fee waved? Or is it just one for free per member? I have DC now, but MC is much more widely accepted, so I am considering getting this one, too
Yes, no problem. I have had both for a couple of years without paying.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by SirRagnar
No, I am FTL with MM (so silver) and I do not expect this to change soon. And I will be EBG with SAS. So will I get lounge access in CPH, when I credit my flights to MM but flash EBG card at the entrance?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:33 am

No, I am FTL with MM (so silver) and I do not expect this to change soon. And I will be EBG with SAS. So will I get lounge access in CPH, when I credit my flights to MM but flash EBG card at the entrance?
Yes. They will swipe it to confirm validity, but it does not have to go on the boardingpass. You might have to explain it though, but it should be good.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
They will initially guide you to the business part (on the left hand side), but as soon as you show them your EBG they will allow you to the SAS lounge on the right hand side.

the SAS lounge is also available for *G/MM Senator
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by nick5000
the SAS lounge is also available for *G/MM Senator
The one upstairs?

When I have had my LH*G in the reservation they have usually shown me to the downstairs lounge, i.e. the Business lounge, but I might have just been unlucky.
Showing my SK*G subsequently always allowed me upstairs though.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The one upstairs?

When I have had my LH*G in the reservation they have usually shown me to the downstairs lounge, i.e. the Business lounge, but I might have just been unlucky.
They always have shown me upstairs with SEN card (and EBB/EBS on the boarding pass) Now it's EBG (yes, I'm also an EBG noob )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.