Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS or Continental if flying business (CPH-EWR)

Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond

When being a EBG member would you then recommend flying Continental C-class or stick with SAS C-class?

Upsides:
- Lie flat bed
- Approx. 50 % of the price of SAS C-Class (summer campaign)

Downsides:
- Less points (but anybody knows what you get for a Z class ticket on continental when being a EBG member?)
- A little bit longer flight time (and the risk for a technical stop if strong head wind)

Please share your comments
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by Smokingbread
When being a EBG member would you then recommend flying Continental C-class or stick with SAS C-class?

Upsides:
- Lie flat bed

Downsides:
- Less points (but anybody knows what you get for a Z class ticket on continental when being a EBG member?)
- A little bit longer flight time (and the risk for a technical stop if strong head wind)

Pretty much no brainer, if half price.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
(but anybody knows what you get for a Z class ticket on continental when being a EBG member?)
Only 100%
http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E...ntal-Airlines/

But half the price in combination with new business seats is a very convincing argument, isn't it?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:24 pm

Hard product better on CO.
Soft product better on SK without a doubt.

However for half the price on Co, this is a no brainer indeed.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I do this route quite a lot.

Lounge access at CPH is the same. Lounges at EWR are different, but I prefer the CO lounges to the SK lounge at EWR even as the food/beverage selection at the SK EWR lounge is better than what CO offers.

Fast-track security is not provided at CPH when flying CO, but it is provided when flying SK. Fast-track security at EWR is better with SK than with CO.

Check-in at CPH is more consistently quicker for me with CO than with SK, but a fair amount of time is eaten up with CO by having to get myself from the SK terminal to the other terminal for CO at CPH. At EWR, check-in with SK is often quicker than with CO; however, given I'm usually connecting from DCA on my way to CPH -- I still avoid IAD -- check-in at EWR isn't an issue for me; that, or I check-in at EWR in the morning so I can go directly to the gate upon returning from Manhattan.

Boarding process, a wash IMO; but at least with CO, more flexible cabin baggage practices.

In-flight hard product -- I prefer CO now to SK.

In-flight service -- I prefer SK.

... for half the price, I'd definitely pick CO. For any discount, I'd pick CO.

In most programs, Z on CO mostly credits like full fare economy class tickets. However, if booking a Z fare with the UA/CO-operated flight marketed as a LH flight (for example), the UA/CO-operated flight connecting CPH with EWR may end up crediting as a J booking class flight.

Given UA/CO's program doesn't charge fuel surcharges on mileage tickets, crediting the flights to UA/CO's program may make some sense if you plan to use them for a one-way ticket in Europe that would otherwise be expensive. If familiar with how fuel-dumping works for regular paid tickets, perhaps this will be of extraordinary use.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:20 pm

Upsides:
- Lie flat bed

Downsides:

Where did you find this campaign?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:36 am
Koc

On a TATL I will always prefer a widebody before a narrow, and most european carriers before any US. But, for half the price I would say ^

..when on the subject: Unexpected Fuel Stops, Inconvenience and Delays
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Koc
On a TATL I will always prefer a widebody before a narrow, and most european carriers before any US. But, for half the price I would say ^

..when on the subject: Unexpected Fuel Stops, Inconvenience and Delays
CPH-EWR doesn't get disrupted by that relative to SK equipment breakdowns.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:04 pm
Koc

Originally Posted by GUWonder
CPH-EWR doesn't get disrupted by that relative to SK equipment breakdowns.
Good point
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond
Originally Posted by Long leg
Where did you find this campaign?
It was on the Danish version of lufthansa.com

In the beginning of Jan., Lufthansa and Air Canada had a similar campaign for the easter traveling...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.