Free coffee ...

Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD
Free coffee ...

Just found the confirmation, that free coffee is back intra-Europe as of yesterday.

A small, almost symbolic improvement, but I has missed it and found it so, so lousy that I couldn't get a (free) cup of coffee, when I was sitting there for 1-2 hours (in Danish domestic there was free coffee....)

I had complained a couple of times directly to SAS, so now I have to write a thank you letter.

Still, SAS needs to upgrade a lot in coach to be on pair with, say Lufthansa, Swiss, Air Berlin, TAP, Turkish.

SAS press release:
"Scandinavian Airlines has reintroduced complimentary coffee and tea on all European routes, including domestic flights in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. The improved service was launched yesterday, January 29."
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I think SAS is going towards the right direction. I think it'll be even better if they offer free tap water too. Mr.Nacho doesn't drink tea or coffee and our kids certainly don't.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Originally Posted by nacho
I think SAS is going towards the right direction. I think it'll be even better if they offer free tap water too. Mr.Nacho doesn't drink tea or coffee and our kids certainly don't.
They probably will... at least Blue1, whose economy service has included "coffee and tea" for some time (was it when they downgraded closer to mainline SAS level, or reintroduced at a later stage, I cannot remember), has never charged me for a glass of water. In fact, they even give bubbly water for free, even it has never been officially "advertised" like coffee and tea.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
I think it'll be even better if they offer free tap water too.
When I fly LH long haul, it's always a bit of a downer if I get a SK flight connecting to OSL from Germany on the way back. I'm thirsty after a long haul flight and I find it unfair to pay for water when I know that I'd get it free (plus a snack) if I had LH connecting back to OSL for the same price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.