Baffled by SK pricing

Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue
Baffled by SK pricing

Is it me? I was checking the prces for OSL - LON on the weekend before Christmas, out on the 16th back on the 19th.

What is the point of Economy Roundtrip? Why would I choose it for the 10.40 departure when it is more expensive than the normal Economy ticket?

Why are the times for return trips so restricted? If I choose the 17.15 departure (the time I want) I am offered only one direct return time, of 17.30. And one via Stockholm and one via Copenhagen.

With all this nonsense why should I choose to fly with SAS? BA offers me the times I want and for 500NOK cheaper.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I'm finding the same or worse for the second year running in looking for a R/T LHR-CPH with considerable flexibility about dates, so long as I arrive by Christmas Eve. The flights are wide open still but all low fares have now been shifted to the new lower booking classes which sell out very quickly and are not replenished - even U is £230 R/T, and W is £320. Oh well, I guess I'll have to endure free drinks and snacks and full EQMs on BA yet another year.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Chris C
I
Why are the times for return trips so restricted? If I choose the 17.15 departure (the time I want) I am offered only one direct return time, of 17.30. And one via Stockholm and one via Copenhagen.
I've even found "Eco return" for the outbound flight, just to see all returns are unavailable. At the same time there was a lot of availability for both outbound and return on two separate tickets for a lower price SAS-IT and revenue department strikes again.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:26 am

Programs: EBG
In the beginning of September the wife and I decided to take advantage of one of the sales SAS has been pumping out this fall, and go for a weekend in December somewhere they have some good shopping and Christmas market or tivoli. We looked into going to CPH as it is the most accessable city other than Oslo from KRS, but prices were 2000+ NOK per person - the usual price for any Friday to Sunday itinerary in December. We then looked up FRA, that was 1500 NOK per person, and we fly both ways via CPH on the flights we would have wanted to book to begin with...We're going to Frankfurt.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Ended up booking my Christmas trip to CPH with BA. R/T with one leg in business and one in economy was £240, compared £270 for a V fare on SK in the far back of the bus. Way to go, SAS!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.