Search

Birthday cake?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, Iberia Plus Oros
Birthday cake?

Hi there,

I'm booked in C from EWR-CPH on SK with my girlfriend, and she has birthday on the day of arrival. Do you know, if it possible to arrange for a birthday cake?

Thank you in advance

Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Scandic Top Floor, *SK-G, Choice Club Gold
Originally Posted by Springbok Viking
Hi there,

I'm booked in C from EWR-CPH on SK with my girlfriend, and she has birthday on the day of arrival. Do you know, if it possible to arrange for a birthday cake?

Thank you in advance

in april I was on CPH-BKK flight in C and had my son turning 10. I had checked before and it seems like SAS took away their birthday cakes long time ago. So I did actually bring my own frozen cake onboard (you know the frödinge that you can buy in any store). The staff were surprised, but they took care of it and next morning actually brought it to him...

..after breakfast he was invited into the cockpit and talked with the captain during the flight and it really made it a memorable birthday for him (see attached photo)

Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, Iberia Plus Oros
Thanks, Airborn.

If bringing our own cake, can make your way to a flightdeck visit, I'm for sure doing that!

Strange that SK has removed this option at least for C class, when SQ can manage it even for Y.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: EY Silver, SPG Platinum
TK do it in Y also (at least in Aug 2009 they did). I called up TK a few weeks before a IST-BKK flight to arrange a birthday cake for my girlfriend whose birthday was on the day of arrival. On the day of the flight, which was a late evening departure, the flight attendants brought over a nice little cake and plates as well as 2 glasses of champagne just after midnight which was a really nice touch especially given that we were seated in Y ^ Gave a couple boxes of chocolate to the flight attendants as a thank you.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Can you bring a cake through security? I wanted to do the same but I was worried that my cake will be confiscated at security.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You could ask SK to enter a freetext SPML request and see if it gets confirmed...
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:33 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
Can you bring a cake through security? I wanted to do the same but I was worried that my cake will be confiscated at security.
CPH security didn't make an issue about the cakes with which I was flying a few times this summer, although I'm sure they don't see people carrying cakes -- at least cheesecakes -- every day. [An acquaintance traveling with infant diapers sans infant seems to get more of an examination than when I transport cheesecake. ]

The bigger concern for me was the (non-cheese) cakes getting smushed -- especially a concern where the cake is an American-style made-to-order wedding cake. But I solved that too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.