Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Going to Salt Lake City with EB points

Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond SAS EBG (Star Alliance Gold), CO (OnePass) Gold

What is the way and cheapest (I know they are not the same) was to get from CPH using EB points?

Cheers,
Christian
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: SK EBG,Delta Medallion/FB Gold, Choice Gold,M&M SEN,Hertz No.1 Gold,Club Carlson Elite Gold,
Originally Posted by Christobal
What is the way and cheapest (I know they are not the same) was to get from CPH using EB points?

Cheers,
Christian
SLC is not a good place to go if you want to use *A. The only connection that is feasible from a SAS point of view is from ORD or IAD, by using SkyWests CR7:s or UAs A319s, and they, quite honestly, are very sub-standard.
The best connection is probably from IAD on one of UAs A319:s though.

No problem getting from CPH-ORD or CPH-IAD, but SLC is a typical Delta or American Airlines hub, but even with them you might end up on a commuter jet, like the CR7.

I have done the SLC trip from ARN many times, and unfortunately, CR7:s way of business class is the two first rows with a few extra inches of legroom in a cramped cabin and gate-checked carry-ons.

But if you do want to go to SLC and not the not so far away DIA/DEN, then a bonustrip there with EB points will cost you the same as any North American connection.

I would try to go to LAS or DEN instead and use rental car to get to SLC, but if not, I would use CPH-IAD-SLC, with the last segment on Uniteds A319.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:00 am

In Business Class/US Domestic First it will cost you 110.000 EB-points. You need to call/e-mail member service to book this however.
If you dont need SAS on the long haul legs you will have a greater chance of finding space, but will have higher taxes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.