FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Connections in Stockholm (ARN) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1259674-connections-stockholm-arn.html)

Snobs Jul 2, 2005 9:35 am

Connections in Stockholm (ARN)

I am booked on SK 3670 FRA-ARN and SK 945 ARN-ORD.
Arrival time in ARN is 0930 / departure time is 1015...

Will I get my connecting flight in just 45 minutes!??

Thanks in advance.

ramo Jul 2, 2005 9:47 am

I have done HEL-ARN-ORD a few times with a 45 minute connection in ARN. I have never had any problem making the connection. You should be ok, unless the FRA-ARN plane is delayed a lot - and in that case SAS will be responsible for the missed connection. There is quite a bit of walking to the new F gates however, so don't plan on visiting a lounge.

Last time my flight from HEL was 15 minutes early and the ARN-ORD was 20 minutes late, so instead of a 45 minute connection, I actually had a 80 minute connection.

Snobs Jul 2, 2005 10:03 am

Thanks for this quick reply... ^

oliver2002 Jul 6, 2005 1:27 am

45mins is fine in ARN as long as you don't have to change terminals. Last week we were 1 hour late MUC-ARN and the LH crew kept telling pax to swedish domestic destination that they should be fine in reaching their gates with only a 30 minute gap. It seems they never waited for their luggage and made the the treck to T4. :)

magnusm Dec 2, 2005 5:30 am

30 min connection time

Originally Posted by oliver2002
45mins is fine in ARN as long as you don't have to change terminals. Last week we were 1 hour late MUC-ARN and the LH crew kept telling pax to swedish domestic destination that they should be fine in reaching their gates with only a 30 minute gap. It seems they never waited for their luggage and made the the treck to T4. :)

Advise needed, My huge company's very efficient travel agency booked me with a 30 min sonnection time at ARN, Arriving with SK13 from LLA 17:25 and departing with SK579 to CDG 17:55.
With nothing more then some hand luggage, do you think it is possible to make the sprint from T4 to T5?

methink someone will be wery varm after the short Arlanda jogging tour...

Anyone know what the minimum allowed connection time dom. - intl. at ARN is?

/magnus

tommy777 Dec 2, 2005 6:02 am

45 minutes is no sweat at ARN.

Have done 45 mins connections to SK 945 ARN-ORD arriving late from OSL many, many times... Since the poster is arriving from FRA, the hike takes 5-10 minutes, never lines at passport control like it is at CPH.

You will be fine, even if you get in 20 minutes late!

GUWonder Dec 2, 2005 6:46 am

If there's no delay or one not more than 15 to 25 minutes, I've made such connections at ARN -- generally without breaking a sweat or even sprinting.

magnusm Dec 2, 2005 7:53 am

Originally Posted by tommy777
45 minutes is no sweat at ARN.

Have done 45 mins connections to SK 945 ARN-ORD arriving late from OSL many, many times... Since the poster is arriving from FRA, the hike takes 5-10 minutes, never lines at passport control like it is at CPH.

You will be fine, even if you get in 20 minutes late!

I acctually just hijacked an old tread... ...in order to reduce the number of keystrokes needed... Sorry for any confusion caused.
My connection time is 30 min, not 45, so if I am a little bit late I might have problems...
Or do you still agree on that a possible connection time is 30 min is possible?
/magnus

GUWonder Dec 2, 2005 8:13 am

Originally Posted by magnusm
I acctually just hijacked an old tread... ...in order to reduce the number of keystrokes needed... Sorry for any confusion caused.
My connection time is 30 min, not 45, so if I am a little bit late I might have problems...
Or do you still agree on that a possible connection time is 30 min is possible?
/magnus

If the flight is not delayed and you are seated close to the front of the plane, it's do-able.

Is there a flight that goes to CDG any later just in case you misconnect? ARN is not a bad place to be for a day. :D

jacob_m Dec 2, 2005 8:17 am

30 mins would be fine for an international transfer in T5 (like tommy777 said OSL-ARN-ORD).
But transfering from T4 to T5 with only 30 mins sounds very short IMO.
The CDG flights usually leave from the A-pier which means you need to go from T4 through SkyCity and pretty much the entire T5 to reach the gate, and then add security to that.

If you know where to go and are prepared for a bit of running you should make it, just.
But there is no marginal for any delays whatsoever.
And do try to get a seat as far forward as possible from LLA so you're quickly off the plane.

pseudoswede Dec 2, 2005 9:30 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is there a flight that goes to CDG any later just in case you misconnect? ARN is not a bad place to be for a day. :D

According to the timetable, the 17:55 flight is the last SK non-stop to CDG. He can connect via CPH, but that flight leaves only 15 minutes later, and gets into CDG 90 minutes later. There is also an AF flight leaving about an hour later.

I agree with jacob_m, it'll be a very tight connection if he has to go all the way to the new F-gates in T5 (about a 10-minute walk + security). But I thought SK still operated flights from the old T5 gates? That would save a few precious minutes.

jacob_m Dec 2, 2005 9:40 am

Well the CDG flights usually leave from the A-pier, not from the F-pier which is mostly used for non-Schengen flights.
If the flight had left from the F-pier (like a US or UK-bound flight) I doubt it would have been doable.
But in this case the OP will still need to go all the way to the SAS check-in area at the very end of the T5 departure hall for the security check.
So it's still quite a hike...

GUWonder Dec 2, 2005 11:03 am

Won't SK put him up on the AF flight or otherwise reroute in a case of incoming delay? Without luggage, there may be some hope.

magnusm Dec 6, 2005 12:59 am

Thanks for all replies, I will put my trainers on during the approach to ARN.
And if that plan fails, I will turn on the puppy eyes and beg for the AF flight.

/magnus

Wingnut Feb 15, 2006 10:59 am

Advice on tight connection: 35min at ARN...

I'm looking at the following:

07:00 LHR - 10:30 ARN SK1530
11:05 ARN - 14:50 LED SK732

This would be a Friday in March.

It looks very tight to me. What do you think? How reliable is 1530 out of LHR? What are the options in case of a misconnect? Something very convoluted through FRA I imagine...