Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS - Passengers of Size Friendly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:21 am
Original Poster

See Edit.

Last edited by Kaiseriin; Aug 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm Reason: Not engaging in a flame war on a post that was meant to be informative.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
You mean you want a second seat for free? I'll be blunt - why should you get this, unless the aircraft is not full?

If you take up more than one seat width, you need a second seat next to you. The only way to guarantee that is to pay for it.

The day when I get extra legroom guaranteed for free without paying for it because I'm tall is the day I'll agree you should get extra seat width for free. I'd rather there was both, but that's not the way airlines work.

If you want to "get away with it" and take up part of the seat someone else paid for, don't you think that's a little unfair on them?

Neil
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by Kaiseriin
I am a hefty girl, about 380lbs. or so and definitely working to lose weight.. I project I will be 340-350ish upon wintertime.
Dear Kaiseriin, I find it unlikely that a woman of 350 lb (160 kg) will fit comfortably in an Economy or an Economy Extra seat in a SAS A330/340. You can definitely not expect any guaranteed special accomodation for passengers of size from European airlines. As I see it, you have three options:

Find and buy two Economy seats next to each other with an armrest that you can raise. Since the bulkhead seats have fixed armrests, they are not an option, so you will also have limited leg- and stomachroom.

Buy a Business class seat. The SAS seats are however rather narrow.

Ask your Finish relatives to fly to Kentucky to visit you. (Probably the best option.)

Originally Posted by Kaiseriin
(PS. I have posted this on a couple of other airline programs as well, since I'm researching into the different options for me.)
And in due time, I expect some moderator to close/move/merge your threads.

Last edited by tourist; Aug 13, 2011 at 2:51 pm
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

See edit.

Last edited by Kaiseriin; Aug 13, 2011 at 3:13 pm Reason: Deleted. Not starting a flame war or engaging in one.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:10 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Scandic Top Floor, *SK-G, Choice Club Gold
I did not have the chance to read the OPs texts before she deleted it, but I know that SAS does offer a second seat for 50% for oversized customers.

more info is available on salesinfo..

Airborn
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
at my largest i was 140kg... i fit into the seats comfortably, although i could not fit into the seats with the tray in the armrest... not sure what the extra 20kg would do, but i was comfortable
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its not 50%, but the base fare without any surcharges:

Code:
                        SAS SEATING SERVICES  EN  27MAY11 0928Z                 
 12APR11 * EXTRA SEAT BESIDE - OVERSIZED PASSENGER OR PERSONAL COMFORT *        
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------        
 FOR PASSENGERS NEEDING AN EXTRA SEAT BESIDE DUE TO PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS         
 OR PERSONAL COMFORT (EXST), AN EXTRA SEAT IS PROVIDED ON ALL SAS FLIGHTS.      
 DURING TAKE OFF AND LANDING PASSENGER MUST BE BUCKLED UP IN AN UPRIGHT         
 POSITION. MANUAL CHECK-IN REQUIRED.                                            

EXCEPTION:                                                                     
 AIRBUS A330/A340 WHERE ARMREST CANNOT BE REMOVED.                              

THE CHARGE FOR THE EXTRA SEAT WILL BE THE FARE, WHICH WOULD BE CHARGED         
 TO A PSGR OCCUPYING SUCH SEAT FOR THE APPLICABLE JOURNEY AT THE TIME           
 OF BOOKING AND PAYMENT.                                                        

PASSENGER TAXES, SERVICE CHARGES, SECURITY CHARGES, FUEL AND INSURANCE         
 CHARGES APPLICABLE TO DEPARTING PASSENGERS ARE EXEMPTED,                       
 BUT VALUE ADDED TAXES, LIKE THE SWEDISH DOMESTIC XS TAX AND THE                
 NORWEGIAN DOMESTIC NV TAX MUST BE COLLECTED ON THE DOCUMENT ISSUED.            

>MD                                 

>m
                        SAS SEATING SERVICES  EN  27MAY11 0928Z                 
 TICKETING:                                                                     

THE CHARGE FOR THE EXTRA SEAT MUST BE ENTERED AS Q-SURCHARGE                   
 IN THE FARE CALCULATION OF THE PASSENGER TICKET.                               
 ONLY ONE TICKET TO BE ISSUED.                                                  
 IN THE FARE BASIS BOX, ENTER THE APPLICABLE FARE BASIS CODE,                   
 INCLUDING THE FARE AND PSGR TYPE CODE EX.                                      

ENTRY:        NM2SMITH/B MRS(IDEXST)/EXST                                      
               SS2C1     OR                                                     
               SSSK9581C10SEP OSLMAD 2                                          
               SR*EXST-OVERSIZED PSGR NEEDS TWO SEATS SIDE BY SIDE              

TICKETING:    TTI/COSL SK MAD Q1049.30 1049.30 NUC2098.60END ROE 7.476407      
               TTI/F7845/XNOK87ZN/X44YR                                         
               TTI/BCOW EX                                                      

ENTRY:        MORE THAN ONE PERSON WITH THE SAME NAME:                         
               NM2SMITH/B MRS(IDEXST) /EXST 1SMITH/TED MR
nixande likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.