Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Lounge Options Paris (CDG)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by studentCPH
Definetely no hot items, some bread with cold cuts a some light things, not enough for a meal. I have no experience trying to get to the LH lounge, but I do not think it's possibel as you would have to clear security in that satelite.
You can access the star alliance lounge, although you'll have to clear passport control. Just tell them you're headed to the lounge and they're ok with it. I'd recommend that option, although no view unfortunately.
Thanks. So, if I go to the *A lounge first, I'll have to clear passport control twice? What about security/bag checks, twice, or just once - I don't recall if that's done right before the boarding gate or before entering the secured area of the satellite?

Is the SK lounge close to the SK gates, so that I can take a quick visit before boarding if time permits, without incurring any additional security check?
Old May 26, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Thanks. So, if I go to the *A lounge first, I'll have to clear passport control twice? What about security/bag checks, twice, or just once - I don't recall if that's done right before the boarding gate or before entering the secured area of the satellite?

Is the SK lounge close to the SK gates, so that I can take a quick visit before boarding if time permits, without incurring any additional security check?
If you're starting your trip at CDG, you will have to clear passport control twice to visit the *A lounge (exit and reenter schengen). If you're connecting from non-schengen, I believe you can stay in the non-schenge area and visit the lounge, before clearing passport control.
The *A lounge is before security, and the SK lounge is after security, so you'll only have to clear security one time.

The SK lounge is very close to the gate (in the satelite).
Hope that helps!
Old May 26, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by studentCPH
If you're starting your trip at CDG, you will have to clear passport control twice to visit the *A lounge (exit and reenter schengen). If you're connecting from non-schengen, I believe you can stay in the non-schenge area and visit the lounge, before clearing passport control.
The *A lounge is before security, and the SK lounge is after security, so you'll only have to clear security one time.

The SK lounge is very close to the gate (in the satelite).
Hope that helps!
Thanks, very helpful!

I'm starting at CDG, but no worries about going through passport control twice.

Glad to hear that it's only one security check - is that to enter Satellite 7, prior to both the SK lounge and gate? Or is the security check after the SK lounge and before the SK gate?
Old May 27, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
The lounge is essentially at the gate. The security is prior to both the SK lounge and the gate.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by SK2751
The lounge is essentially at the gate. The security is prior to both the SK lounge and the gate.
Thanks, that makes sense.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Sitting at the SK-CDG lounge. The nice Star Alliance is now off limits (when travelling intra-Schengen). Border police order.

The LH-lounge is also no go when flying SK. Security gates at S6 denies access when flying from S7....

At least the aircondition in the SK-lounge has improved. And they uses their curtains.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Sitting at the SK-CDG lounge. The nice Star Alliance is now off limits (when travelling intra-Schengen). Border police order.

The LH-lounge is also no go when flying SK. Security gates at S6 denies access when flying from S7....

At least the aircondition in the SK-lounge has improved. And they uses their curtains.
So it's only the SK lounge at CDG...

A related question: how early can I check in at CDG? I'd like to check in 3 to 3.5 hours prior and then take the CDG shuttle train to one of the hotels in Roissypole for a leisurely dinner before coming back to use the lounge. Will the check-in counters be open so early?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I doubt they would. CDG is notoriously bad at this. I have been waiting long for check in to open in the past. I'd go for dinner with luggage and then check in afterwards. I don't have first hand SK experience though.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
A related question: how early can I check in at CDG? I'd like to check in 3 to 3.5 hours prior and then take the CDG shuttle train to one of the hotels in Roissypole for a leisurely dinner before coming back to use the lounge. Will the check-in counters be open so early?
I SUPPOSE you can check in at any time (the same day). That requires of course, that the SAS-desk is open, which it in generally is two hours before departure. As SK has many daily departures, it should be possible to find a window.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by SK2751
I doubt they would. CDG is notoriously bad at this. I have been waiting long for check in to open in the past. I'd go for dinner with luggage and then check in afterwards. I don't have first hand SK experience though.
I just called the US-based 800# for SK and was told that their check-in counters at CDG are opened continuously from 9h-22h and that they have many flights throughout the day, to CPH, OSL, and ARN, so they should be able to check me in early or at least take my suitcases, since I've already checked in online. I'll give it a try tonight.

Edit to add: I was able to check in at 18h00 for my 21h40 flight. They have 2 counters open for bag drop and one counter open for check-in and bag drop for elite. Non-elites are directed to self check-in kiosks to print out baggage stickers, even if you have already checked in online, and then line up again to complete the bag drop process yourself. Not a customer-friendly process.
SK2751 likes this.

Last edited by sfvoyage; Jul 6, 2018 at 10:53 am
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Lounge in Paris ?

Is there any StarAlliance-lounge available right now in terminal 2 for SAS-passengers ?
Merci
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by sueco6
Is there any StarAlliance-lounge available right now in terminal 2 for SAS-passengers ?
Merci
There’s an Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge in 2A ... but I’ve never used it so can’t offer much more info. Open 0730-1300 I think.
sueco6 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
There’s an Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge in 2A ... but I’ve never used it so can’t offer much more info. Open 0730-1300 I think.
That would be in the non-schengen area. So on the other side of passport control compare to SK passengers.

For a while, the SK lounge was in the non Schengen area, you needed a lounge invitation and your passport to get through a staff access point to reach the lounge. But I doubt they would have put up something similar now.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
How about Sheltair Priority Pass- lounge ? Is it accesible ?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sueco6
How about Sheltair Priority Pass- lounge ? Is it accesible ?
Yes. SK uses 2B and the lounge is in 2D. 2B and 2D are connected airside and are functionally two piers of the same terminal, so you'll be able to access the lounge after clearing security and then walk seamlessly from the lounge to your gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.