Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Middle Seats in Business on SAS?

Middle Seats in Business on SAS?

Old Jul 4, 11, 12:03 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Posts: 2,761
Middle Seats in Business on SAS?

We have some tickets booked with SAS and a part of the trip is a flight from OSL to CPH on a 737 aircraft and we have booked Business class tickets.

When I talked to a phone agent trying to get seat assignments, I was told that on this flight they don't have the middle seat blocked in Business, and its assignable. Is that in fact true? I asked him to make sure it shows us in Business, and he confirmed. We now have 2D and 2F hoping no one will seat in the middle. Is that normal for SAS to have a middle seat assigned on the OSL to CPH flights? Will there be any differentiation in service on that flight between Business and Economy?

Thank you.
asnovici is offline  
Old Jul 4, 11, 1:09 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Göteborg,Sweden
Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Posts: 637
No business class on intra scandinavian routes. Economy Extra and Business is the same. No middle seat blocking, although usually in my experience they try keep middle seats empty until very fully booked. You get food and bar service in extra/business
A-340 GOT is offline  
Old Jul 9, 11, 5:34 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ARN
Posts: 2,321
Originally Posted by asnovici View Post
We have some tickets booked with SAS and a part of the trip is a flight from OSL to CPH on a 737 aircraft and we have booked Business class tickets.

When I talked to a phone agent trying to get seat assignments, I was told that on this flight they don't have the middle seat blocked in Business, and its assignable. Is that in fact true? I asked him to make sure it shows us in Business, and he confirmed. We now have 2D and 2F hoping no one will seat in the middle. Is that normal for SAS to have a middle seat assigned on the OSL to CPH flights? Will there be any differentiation in service on that flight between Business and Economy?

Thank you.
The OSL-CPH route is operated as a two-class service only (Economy and Economy Extra). You will be seated in the front cabin which is Economy Extra. Complimentary service but no seat-blocking.
Ground service as per Business Class as well as point earnings.
SK_RSJ is offline  
Old Jul 13, 11, 2:19 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Posts: 2,206
Some 737 from OSL have a 2-3 config on the first rows, choosing A or C will give a kind of business class seating.
ranskis is offline  
Old Jul 13, 11, 9:54 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ARN
Posts: 2,321
Originally Posted by ranskis View Post
Some 737 from OSL have a 2-3 config on the first rows, choosing A or C will give a kind of business class seating.
Funny that SAS still have that configuration at the OSL base. Those seats was replaced on all 737 at the ARN base a long time ago (unfortunately).
SK_RSJ is offline  
Old Mar 17, 12, 7:43 am
  #6  
Koc
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: OSL
Posts: 274
When only Economy Extra, do they use the divider or velcro tags?
Koc is offline  
Old Mar 17, 12, 11:25 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CPH
Programs: SK Diamond *G
Posts: 426
Originally Posted by Koc View Post
When only Economy Extra, do they use the divider or velcro tags?
Velcro tags...
NicoEBG is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: