Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Middle Seats in Business on SAS?

Old Jul 4, 11, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP

We have some tickets booked with SAS and a part of the trip is a flight from OSL to CPH on a 737 aircraft and we have booked Business class tickets.

When I talked to a phone agent trying to get seat assignments, I was told that on this flight they don't have the middle seat blocked in Business, and its assignable. Is that in fact true? I asked him to make sure it shows us in Business, and he confirmed. We now have 2D and 2F hoping no one will seat in the middle. Is that normal for SAS to have a middle seat assigned on the OSL to CPH flights? Will there be any differentiation in service on that flight between Business and Economy?

Thank you.
Old Jul 4, 11, 1:09 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
No business class on intra scandinavian routes. Economy Extra and Business is the same. No middle seat blocking, although usually in my experience they try keep middle seats empty until very fully booked. You get food and bar service in extra/business
Old Jul 9, 11, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici View Post
We have some tickets booked with SAS and a part of the trip is a flight from OSL to CPH on a 737 aircraft and we have booked Business class tickets.

When I talked to a phone agent trying to get seat assignments, I was told that on this flight they don't have the middle seat blocked in Business, and its assignable. Is that in fact true? I asked him to make sure it shows us in Business, and he confirmed. We now have 2D and 2F hoping no one will seat in the middle. Is that normal for SAS to have a middle seat assigned on the OSL to CPH flights? Will there be any differentiation in service on that flight between Business and Economy?

Thank you.
The OSL-CPH route is operated as a two-class service only (Economy and Economy Extra). You will be seated in the front cabin which is Economy Extra. Complimentary service but no seat-blocking.
Ground service as per Business Class as well as point earnings.
Old Jul 13, 11, 2:19 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Some 737 from OSL have a 2-3 config on the first rows, choosing A or C will give a kind of business class seating.
Old Jul 13, 11, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by ranskis View Post
Some 737 from OSL have a 2-3 config on the first rows, choosing A or C will give a kind of business class seating.
Funny that SAS still have that configuration at the OSL base. Those seats was replaced on all 737 at the ARN base a long time ago (unfortunately).
Old Mar 17, 12, 7:43 am
Koc

When only Economy Extra, do they use the divider or velcro tags?
Old Mar 17, 12, 11:25 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Originally Posted by Koc View Post
When only Economy Extra, do they use the divider or velcro tags?
Velcro tags...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: