Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What Eurobonus level are you?
EBP - Eurobonus Pandion
4.44%
EBG - Eurobonus Gold
57.22%
EBS - Eurobonus Silver
16.11%
EBB - Eurobonus Blue
22.22%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

What Eurobonus level are you?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
What Eurobonus level are you?

I became Eurobonus Gold after becoming a member of Flyertalk and I've kept status ever since. Knowing how to make the most of your flights and focusing on one membership program makes all the difference.

The goal with this poll is to see if you have improved your yearly milage after becoming a member of Flyertalk:

Vote
Tell us what level you are at the moment

Discuss
Tell us if you have upgraded your membership level since becoming a member of Flyertalk (and how to inspire others!)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Flyertalk member since 2005. Eurobonus Gold since 2006. Before that I was EBB (and used several programs to collect miles).
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: EBG, M&M Silver, BA Gold
Joined Eurobonus in 2007, with the start of a new job which involves a lot of travel and being based in CPH it made sense to collect Eurobonus points since a lot of my flying is on SAS.

Became Gold later that same year and have remained so ever since.

I can't remember when or why I started reading Flyertalk but it was certainly after I started on the Eurobonus points... I think I started reading the Trip Reports actually, and then found the SAS forum.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: EBP
Flyertalk since 2010. EBG for four years and now for the last three years EBP. And now also Emirates gold. Flyertalk gives me alot of good ideas and tips so keep up the good work boys and girls
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Been lurking around Flyertalk for a few years but not really done much flying until I switched jobs late last year. That took me from EBB to EBG in about 4 months.

My qualification period just reset, so I'm trying to decide if I should go for EBP (ie toss everything I can towards SK and always fly thru CPH to make an extra SK leg) or just maintain EBG and go for FBG/P alongside. The unpublished requirements for EBP deters me a bit..

FT has really changed how I look at traveling and taught me to play the game and take charge of my travel plans. I find the wealth of information available a great resource and I don't know how I would manage without all the good advice I find across this board.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: EBG
EBG since 2006. Discovered FT late last year (through the Norwegian site "Flyprat"). Has learned a lot, for instance how to avoid being surprised by low mileage earnings (e.g. when flying Z), how to use tools to look for award flights, how to find and book better seats, and how to sort out the best lounges. Never been particularly interested in flying. I have actually seen it as necessary evil, but with increased knowledge that has changed too.

On the more negative side, I've become a bit more picky. Accordingly, no more charter trips and our family of four will be flying LH biz to Cyprus this easter, and LX biz to New York in July. I don't think my kids or my wife really care, I've the one hating not to be able to pick my own flights and that need a bit more space and comfort.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: Eurobonus
only 1250 points short before EBS, no rush, but very eager to get there
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: Various
Started reading on Flyertalk 2006 and my leisure travel has changed to the better. I don't think I would ever have figured out how to reach enough EB points to redeem them on Singapore Airlines in First and besides I would probably never reached the amount of points necessary.

I've learned to utilize points better, to find premium fares at a decent price and I've learned why SK sucks(and it's not because they are expensive which is the typical Swedish complaint from the all too common LCC flyer.)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
Is EBB short for Eurobonus Blue? I always thought it's Eurobonus Basic...

Anyway, brand new EBS, qualified about a week ago... so yes, my EB status has now been upgraded (never had status with SK before), though as I lost LH FTL at the same time, I'm not that exited about it.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Was EBG but moved to Austria for 4-5 years and ended up at EBB...just in time to move back to Sweden. Still deciding if I will switch back after building up status and miles on LH (in case my wife decides we need to move again).
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:07 pm

EBB. If it wasn't for the ridiculous rules in Norway about not earning points or segments on domestic (as the only country in the world as i'm sure you know), I would have been EBG, no problem. One can only hope that they will come to their senses this spring and allow this again.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: *G, SK EBG
I was EBS in upper-secondary school mainly derived from family travel, then I started studying in Italy (and hence used my address there to exploit the lower EBG threshold) and became EBG in less than 7 months, a status I have maintained throughout my study period. Now I just started working in Stockholm with a job involving very little travel which probably means I'll need to do a lot more C-travel out of own expense instead to maintain the status. A bit awkward to have enjoyed EBG status when being a student but perhaps not as a professional....I would say FT have made a significant difference to me when collecting miles.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
I have been EBG since 2007 and are able to maintain it with a combo of work related travels and personal travels. Work patterns have been changing so it is mainly intra EU travel i do now and due to the 25% earning rule the qualification will be more and more difficult to get.

/HerrO
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
EBB since the 90s but could go to EBS with the 20th flight of my membership year this week. I can't really see the value in having EBS and as I have no chance of getting EBG I'm seriously considering getting an earlier flight from LCY with BA (change in work schedule meant I ended up with two flights). Can anyone provide a compelling argument for me to take late SAS flight from LHR?

Flyertalk has ensured that I've maximised my points earnings even in Economy and I've had good value out of the EB scheme by using the points on internal Scandinavian flights and the 50% monthly offers.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Joined Flyertalk in 2007

Joined Eurobonus as soon as I turned 18 in 2001. Quickly reached silver and kept this until 2005. Simply due to the 25% earnings rule from 2004, which also made fly fly quite a lot of KLM....although I eventually got fed up by them, I became basic 2005-2008. Reached silver again from 2008 to 2009. But spent 2009-2010 with BMI reaching gold with them after 15 months (BMI gold until July 2011).

Realized this summer I had a shot for EBG, so returned to Eurobonus when my qualifying period started June 1, and last month did a shiny golden card from SAS arrive in my mail. And I intend to keep this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.