Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

FA union: no warm rolls for economy pax

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Story here, in Norwegian.

Johan
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:36 am

Unbelievable.

I might be wrong - but I seem to recal that my last flight in M did have warm rolls (CPH-ORD) - or is it only BKK bound pax that are not allowed to get the rolls.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: EB*G, FB, PC Royal Ambassador, Marriot Gold Elite
Could someone try to explain the "danger in work environment" for the cabin crew caused by serving warm bread?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
What a clownish position for this union to take. If warm bread rolls for business class passengers are acceptable to the union, then why are warm bread rolls for economy class passengers not acceptable?

If these elitists in the union want to believe in behaving like elitists, then let them remember the maxim of "panem et circenses" and live up to it. If they won't give the masses bread, at least put on a show like Imperial Rome.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:39 am

I think we have a new lightbulp joke category:

How many stewardesses does it take to serve a warm bread roll?
How many stewardesses does it take to serve a warm bread roll with butter?

It seems that CAU thinks the number is greate than 9
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:18 am

And after that we wonder why SAS is struggling...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
In what world do these people live in?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:22 pm

..but you have to feel sorry for the bunch the only receive a pay raise of 2% effective March 1... To heat roll requires at least a 10% pay check raise...

Get rid of these people.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Shouldn't these people enjoy serving their PAX? ...?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:33 pm
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
Shouldn't these people enjoy serving their PAX? ...?
I am not trying to offend those who do a great job onboard, but I have gotten the impression that some are mostly there to enjoy their nonrev ticket perks...
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:07 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
This depends very much on the background of why the warm rolls were removed in the first place. I would not be surprised if that was done in a "we will remove one FA, but there will be no warm rolls" move.

I haven't flown SK M intercont since 2002, and can't remember how a cold roll is served - but I can imagine it is directly placed on the tray of food. If you now need somebody to run around with bread baskets, warm bread etc. this is clearly additional effort.

That said; the CAU comment had a bit of a communist twang to it by saying
Under alle omstændigheder bør CC afholde sig fra at underminere miljørepræsentanternes arbejde ved at agere nyttige elementer for SAS. MIR arbejder kun for DIG!"
Translation:
Under all circumstances should CC [Cabin Crew] refrain from undermining the work of the [work] environment representatives by acting like instruments for SAS. MIR [work environment representatives?] are working only for YOU!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by larsll
That said; the CAU comment had a bit of a communist twang to it by saying
That's exactly what it is, a workers party union out of the 60's. This is a cancer eating up the company from the inside.

Last edited by view; Jan 21, 2011 at 5:06 am
Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:03 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
but I can imagine it is directly placed on the tray of food
I have seen both bread from baskets and bread on tray in M the last year(s?). It's bread in plastic packing. Could be a roll or two pieces of polarkaka (I have absolutely no idea how to explain this in English! Any suggestions?). I'm not sure it's a bad thing, the rolls in Economy used to be unevenly heated and overheated, resulting in rock-hard crust and crumbles all over me and my cramped seat.

IMO, other aspects of the long-haul M meal are worse. Like the strange "salad" varieties or the overall ratio proper food/sugar bomb dessert.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:50 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
This depends very much on the background of why the warm rolls were removed in the first place. I would not be surprised if that was done in a "we will remove one FA, but there will be no warm rolls" move.
That is a good point, and pretty much the only one that could make me understand this, especially if that has been in the recent past.

(I have no idea when they removed the rolls in the first place).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.