Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

EuroBonus Miles on Singapore Airlines fare basis code BLsq6m

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:28 pm
EGM
Original Poster

Greetings, am supposed to fly on SQ from Oslo-Perth, assume BL means B-class, have tried numerous SQ and SAS phone numbers but nobody seems to know how many miles I can collect for such a trip in this booking class. Can anybody help with this information? My alternative is SAS via Bangkok, where I get miles on the SK routes but not on Thai, plus it takes much longer. Thank you for your knowledgeable support.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You can be forgiven as a first timer posting on FlyerTalk... but a general rule is that you do not post same question on other other forums.

You earn 100% miles on SK eurobonus if booked in B class. But as SQ does not fly from OSL and you're most likely connecting in CPH, right? So you'll get the full miles on SAS Eurobonus between CPH-SIN-PER.

See: http://www.flysas.com/en/us/EuroBonu...pore_Airlines/

Depends on where you book your flights. If its thru SQ website and in the process, you can see what the booking class is. BLSQ6M means B class, on SQ, 6 months validity.

But if you are booking thru a travel agent or website, they have to let you know what the booking class is as very often fare basis and booking class is different.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
http://www.sas.no/no/EuroBonus/EuroB...pore-Airlines/

(But for the codeshare I assume you have for your first and final leg from/to OSL (SK CPH? LH FRA?), you'll never know...)

Edit: I see now that GB beat me to the answer.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Welcome to Flyertalk, EGM!

In the future, please post your question in one forum only.

Cheers,

-Tommy
Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:09 am
EGM
Original Poster

Dear All, thank you for the reply, in the future I will only post in one forum, live and learn !
Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:11 am
EGM
Original Poster

Dear Guy Betsy, thank you, do you actually know (or can point me to a tool) how many miles I can collect for that itinerary? Thank you for your time.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
I'm not Guy Betsy, but I use
http://www.webflyer.com/travel/mileage_calculator/ and/or http://www.gcmap.com/ to find the distance of each segment.

Round up to nearest 100 for EB. If 25% booking class, divide by 4. (If below minimum earning, substitute for that amount.)

This would give the earning of CPH-SIN-PER in class B as 6200+2500 EB points.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
on B class you can upgrade with SK miles, might be worth to consider, only possible on Y and B class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.