Planely

Old Dec 7, 10, 9:13 am
ehn
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, UA*G, BAEC Silver, FB Gold
Thumbs up Planely

Planely is an online service from a Danish startup that lets you find other people on the same flight or airport as you and connect with them. Perhaps some people here will find it useful. (It has to be said though, that the service doesn't have a lot of users yet. I have entered 16 upcoming flights into the system, and have found only one match, at ORD on December 14.)

Entering all the flights manually is painful, but from what I hear, TripIt connectivity is planned.
Old Dec 7, 10, 9:19 am

I prefer to travel inkognito
Old Dec 7, 10, 9:41 am

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
Yea, I think I'll skip this time also. If it was FT'ers only then sure, but I am already getting a random seat mate so I don't really need a tool help me hook up to another random seat mate before the flight.
And also, this would mean that one of the people have to get the middle seat if it's in Y and who wants to volunteer for that

The idea is good though, if you are the kind of fellah that likee to talk all the time in-flight - should promote this in the US
Old Dec 7, 10, 10:08 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
I believe one can do this at the flightmemory page, too?

However, it's a fun idea for those who doesn't mind sharing personal info, and could maybe be used as a dating site for "up in the air"-kinda people
Old Dec 7, 10, 4:13 pm
ehn
Original Poster

Would perhaps be more useful if integrated with seat selection anyone of my Facebook/LinkedIn connections traveling on this flight and, if so, where are they seated? (Opt-in, of course.)
Old Dec 7, 10, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by SirRagnar View Post
Yea, I think I'll skip this time also. If it was FT'ers only then sure, but I am already getting a random seat mate so I don't really need a tool help me hook up to another random seat mate before the flight.
And also, this would mean that one of the people have to get the middle seat if it's in Y and who wants to volunteer for that

The idea is good though, if you are the kind of fellah that likee to talk all the time in-flight - should promote this in the US

not only there, 50% of all the post in the BA forum is OT nonsense
Old Dec 8, 10, 11:20 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
not only there, 50% of all the post in the BA forum is OT nonsense
But often very funny 'brit-style' nonsense
Old Dec 18, 10, 12:49 pm

How about if you could easily spot other FT'ers? We could give you a 'badge' that you could attach to your profile that would show up in your match results, for example?

Just a thought ...
Old Dec 18, 10, 7:45 pm
ehn
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elneek View Post
How about if you could easily spot other FT'ers? We could give you a 'badge' that you could attach to your profile that would show up in your match results, for example?
That'd be great. By the way, the service eventually did show me two matches, one at ORD and one at VIE, but I didn't hit either of them up, since I had quite a lot of work to do. I would definitely have tried to get in touch with them if I had had a few hours to kill, though. At this stage you're bound to be able to talk about early-adopter Internet stuff if nothing else.
Old Dec 19, 10, 3:32 am

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
Welcome to FT, elneek!

Originally Posted by elneek View Post

Just a thought ...
It would definitely make it more interesting.
Old Dec 22, 10, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
There's always BA97 http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/ - which has a shedload of FTers.
Old Dec 25, 10, 6:39 am

Programs: SK*G
This is where TripIt fall short, the whole "social" aspect about flying. We are a bunch of people that uses TripIt at work, but there isn't really an easy way of sharing our itinerary and having one huge overview over where your connections going and when. We often travel together, and it would be neat if there is a service that can nail the whole social traveling concept (especially since Nokia screw over Dopprl and their service).
Old Jan 6, 11, 1:38 pm

Welcome to FT, elneek!

It would definitely make it more interesting.
Thanks for the welcome and sorry I haven't replied earlier. I need to change my settings I think as I didn't get an email.

Glad you like the idea of badges. I've had positive feedback from other FTers too. Love your community! So much excellent stuff on here.

If anyone has any thoughts on what we should be doing then please do drop me a line through FT or otherwise via [email protected].
Old Jan 8, 11, 8:30 am
ehn
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe View Post
This is where TripIt fall short, the whole "social" aspect about flying. We are a bunch of people that uses TripIt at work, but there isn't really an easy way of sharing our itinerary and having one huge overview over where your connections going and when. We often travel together, and it would be neat if there is a service that can nail the whole social traveling concept (especially since Nokia screw over Dopprl and their service).
I agree that TripIt really hasn't executed well on the social side of its service, but have you checked out TripIt Groups? While not particularly helpful for more loosely connected groups, it sounds like it's tailored for your needs.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: