Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

OT: Problems with e-ticket in CPH

Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Gold (*A Gold)

I have twice in the last 2 weeks experienced that I couldn’t proceed through security in CPH with my SK ticket on the EB card.

The problem is that the card reader in security read it as my ticket is on the following day – and therefore won’t let me in.

A security employee told me that they had known the problem for long, and that it happens with departures later than 18.00. It is especially annoying when you arrive later than 21.00 where the fast-track closes – then you have to walk all the way back to check in.

The second time I had the experience, I wrote to SK customer relations to tell them about the problem.

Today I got this reply (via Google translate):

“Thanks for your mail about errors between SAS and CPH's security!

I will start by apologizing for the experience you have had in your travels. I understand that it is frustrating that it does not work.

I've now been in contact with my colleagues at the airport, which sits with responsibility for everything around the communication between the various systems. They could inform me that they are aware of the problem but can not yet say whether the problem lies in our system or with CPH. Both CPH and our IT department is working to find the problem.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

We look forward to seeing you on board SAS.

Sincerely,

XX
Supervisor”
I replied with a question on whether they will make it public – the problem as well as the solution (if they find such one).

But now you know…
Old Oct 7, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: EBG, Hertz Five Star, A-club Gold
I have the problem that the Fast Track always needs a printed BP, whcih is kind of annoying. Today I tried to print one myself in one of the self-service machines without success since I had already checked-in online. So again they had to print one at the Fast Track... This is also a problem they need to fix.

Love ARN and the subway-style access when swiping the EB-card... :-D
Old Oct 7, 2010, 2:47 pm
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
Originally Posted by appfly
Today I tried to print one myself in one of the self-service machines without success since I had already checked-in online.
Really? I have printed boarding passed from the selfservice machines several times after i already have done OLCI before leaving home. I believe there is a special button for that on the screen. Was it a temporary problem?

(I am kinda old fashined and want a paper document with me, if not anything else they make nice book marks
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:45 am

Programs: EBP
This has been an issue for a loooong tome! And as usuall nothing happens in CPH
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by appfly
I have the problem that the Fast Track always needs a printed BP, whcih is kind of annoying. Today I tried to print one myself in one of the self-service machines without success since I had already checked-in online. So again they had to print one at the Fast Track... This is also a problem they need to fix.
I allways do OLCI at CPH and then print out BP´s from the self service machines once at the airport. But you have to run your card a second time at the machines , if you want the "Print Boarding Card "option to appear at the screen.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Bastholm
I have twice in the last 2 weeks experienced that I couldn’t proceed through security in CPH with my SK ticket on the EB card.
The problem is that the card reader in security read it as my ticket is on the following day – and therefore won’t let me in.
A security employee told me that they had known the problem for long, and that it happens with departures later than 18.00. It is especially annoying when you arrive later than 21.00 where the fast-track closes – then you have to walk all the way back to check in.
I allways bring a printed boarding card, but I was behind this fellow yesterday at the CPH fast track who was using his card. He had no problems at the SAS desk, but none of the card readers at the security check would accept the card. The security employee finally went back to the SAS desk to clear it. This was around noon , so apparently problems can arise any time.

Another thing is, I never understood the idea of double check of boarding passes ?? First by a SAS employee by the entrance and then again by the security people. One check should do I would think !
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
Another thing is, I never understood the idea of double check of boarding passes ?? First by a SAS employee by the entrance and then again by the security people. One check should do I would think !
Been to the UK lately? There they check the BP at the gate and then again a few metres later when you enter the plane!

cheers,

Henry
Old Oct 16, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: SK EBG,Delta Medallion/FB Gold, Choice Gold,M&M SEN,Hertz No.1 Gold,Club Carlson Elite Gold,
Passed through CPH Fast Track on Thursday with exactly the same problem... One could only wish that SAS would correct this problem anytime soon, the chaos in the Fast Track line was complete....
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by cph_flyer
The SAS employee is only checking if you are allowed to use FT. The security s checking if you are allowed airside.
The system at ARN is definately easier for the pax. And it doesn´t matter that they don´t have any SAS employee at the gate as the premium CI area is so close in case you are rejected in error.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
The SAS employee is only checking if you are allowed to use FT. The security s checking if you are allowed airside.
Ah well, I guess that makes a bit more sense.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
The SAS employee is only checking if you are allowed to use FT. The security is checking if you are allowed airside.
It really doesn't make any sense: if you are allowed to use the FT, you are of course allowed airside. It's purely a technical matter as the SAS employee is not a security worker, and the boarding passes must be be checked by a security guy.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:59 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Jespersm
It really doesn't make any sense: if you are allowed to use the FT, you are of course allowed airside. It's purely a technical matter as the SAS employee is not a security worker, and the boarding passes must be be checked by a security guy.
At other airports they pay the security guy to check for status. AMS is a good example - in the "priority" lane they check for priority for status for everybody - from Star Alliance to One World...

In a world of cost cutting this is the first that should go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.