SK903/945 departures today?

Old Aug 15, 10, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD & Lifetime Gold
SK903/945 departures today?

Anybody aware of why 903 and 945 were scheduled for departure at 13.00 and 12.30 respectively today? It wasn't a delay from their usual 10-ish departures but rather the flights were really filed for departure on these new times.
Old Aug 16, 10, 3:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
who knows... maybe they are testing a quicker turnaround in EWR/ORD. Sending out the aircraft later from ARN would make sense as you could offer much better connections from other markets. Right now all flies thru CPH because you can't get to ARN from most of europe that early in the morning.
Old Aug 16, 10, 4:56 am

Programs: EBP
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
who knows... maybe they are testing a quicker turnaround in EWR/ORD. Sending out the aircraft later from ARN would make sense as you could offer much better connections from other markets. Right now all flies thru CPH because you can't get to ARN from most of europe that early in the morning.
That´s just SAS way to keep CPH alive…..
Old Aug 16, 10, 9:26 am

I like the current timetable for SK903. It is nice to clear immigrations before the bulk of planes from Europe arrive. And for me living in Stockholm it is better that other European pax get on the CPH flight. Gives better availability for us at ARN.
Old Aug 17, 10, 3:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sure, great for sthlm pax and surely beneficial to the core following SK has in the swedish market, but when times are lean and swedes are not interested to fly to the US (it does happen some seasons in the year) then SK needs to fill the plane with transit pax.
Old Aug 17, 10, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD & Lifetime Gold
Talking

Aahhh! The reason was that almost all seats on the two flights were booked by a sea cruise operator. They had requested the later departure times to fit with their timetable for the cruise ship so I guess SK didn't mind when they bought a couple of hundred seats upfront.

Hence the departure time changes were not done in a rush; they had been planned and fed into the GDS' months ahead.
Old Aug 17, 10, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Sure, great for sthlm pax and surely beneficial to the core following SK has in the swedish market, but when times are lean and swedes are not interested to fly to the US (it does happen some seasons in the year) then SK needs to fill the plane with transit pax.
Yes, but I have been on SK943 and it has been half full. So I do not think that SK can fill their planes with transit pax all the time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: