SAS Website = Brutal

Old Jul 20, 10, 4:07 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Kulta (OW Sapphire), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
SAS Website = Brutal

(Rant starting)

I don't think I have had one flawless visit on any of the SAS websites ever. There is always something not working and now I can't even log into the site.

I enter my username and password and get:

Already Logged in (270008)

No, I'm not already logged in and haven't been on the site for quite some time.

Why can't SAS get anything right???

(Rant Over )
Old Jul 23, 10, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
My recent experience:
The UK SAS website only allowed me to enter a LH, SK, SA, JK, TP or TG frequent flyer number - i.e. they're missing about 75% of *A programs there.
By this stage I was happy just to be able to book flights though. Prior to this it first couldn't find any flights between ARN and MAN or LHR, and after it found them following a number of attempts it simply spat out an error if you actually tried to select a flight.

Also, I remember some article from approx. a year ago showing that amongst the bigger carriers, the SAS website had the most (or third most?) downtime.
Old Aug 3, 10, 11:51 am

Programs: EBG, M&M Silver, BA Gold
It's driving me crazy.

I'm trying to work out an award flight, but the newly designed site just does not work. It's freezing on me now - I've tried in Firefox and IE.

Last week I wasn't able to check in online for my flight, a couple of weeks before that I couldn't cancel a flight.

I'm sick of having to call customer service all the time instead of doing these things in my own time.

Old Aug 4, 10, 6:24 am

Performance is horrible from Germany, Copenhagen (from the lounge!), US is slightly better. It looks like there main sites are hosted in Sweden, but application sites (at least the flight status site) is in Denmark. They don't seem to use any Akamai-like stuff to accelerate the site, which I think everyone other major airline in the world probably does...
Old Aug 4, 10, 10:10 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Kulta (OW Sapphire), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
In 80% of the time when trying to book a flight I get an Error saying I have to contact The SAS Call Center with an numerical Fault code or something

Why do SAS even bother to have a Web site for bookings and checkin?

I have seriously many times chosen a different airline of pure frustration with SAS so I guess it's their loss...
Old Aug 10, 10, 10:32 am

Location: Either below the Ockham stack or below the approach to SDKY
Programs: UA 1MM/*G. AA EXP for 1 more year. Then, who knows?
Originally Posted by Cupart View Post
(Rant starting)

I don't think I have had one flawless visit on any of the SAS websites ever. There is always something not working and now I can't even log into the site.

I enter my username and password and get:

Already Logged in (270008)

No, I'm not already logged in and haven't been on the site for quite some time.

Why can't SAS get anything right???

(Rant Over )
I got exactly the same today. Even worse: With this message, I was brought back to the home page, with my carefully selected flights erased. Phoned web support and explained. Agent didn't understand why that was a problem. Had to explain it to her three more times. Then she said they hadn't had any other complaints, but in the end solved the problem by making me empty the cache.
Old Aug 10, 10, 3:53 pm

Maybe SAS website should do the same as its CEO...
Old Aug 11, 10, 1:55 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag View Post
Then she said they hadn't had any other complaints, but in the end solved the problem by making me empty the cache.
I think what the agent really meant was that SAS had emptied their cash

Anyway, what does the call center agents know. Of course they have been instructed to say: "Oh, everything is fine and dandy" or "Oh, we are not aware of any such problems" only not to make SAS look bad which is understandable, but with honesty you do actually get further...
Old Sep 15, 10, 3:05 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Anybody having problems with the SAS website today?

I see that they have made some changes so now when I select Germany-English as by Country/Language and then select 'Eurobonus' I get a 404 error!

I also get a 404 if I leave it as Germany/German, got to eurobonus but then select something else from here.

I am always having problems with the SAS website, they certainly seem to be one of the worst airline websites for technical problems
Old Sep 15, 10, 5:30 am

Programs: SK*G
Searching for award tickets today (on sas.no) returns 404 as well.
Old Sep 20, 10, 5:38 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith View Post
Anybody having problems with the SAS website today?

I see that they have made some changes so now when I select Germany-English as by Country/Language and then select 'Eurobonus' I get a 404 error!

I also get a 404 if I leave it as Germany/German, got to eurobonus but then select something else from here.

I am always having problems with the SAS website, they certainly seem to be one of the worst airline websites for technical problems
I reported this problem to the SAS technical help just before writing this post but I see that today (5 days later) the problem is still occuring!
Old Sep 21, 10, 1:22 am

Programs: EBD
I've booked a bonus trip, and now I want to change it. But it is not possible to retrieve my booking, it's simply not there. Called member service, but they didn't know why I couldn't find my booking, and explained that there should be a tab or button called 'bookings made after June 2010'. No such thing in my browser, and now I have to pay member service to change it.

Last edited by Jespersm; Sep 21, 10 at 4:40 am
Old Sep 21, 10, 1:50 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by Jespersm View Post
I've book a bonus trip, and now I want to change it. But it is not possible to retrieve my booking, it's simply not there. Called member service, but they didn't know why I couldn't find my booking, and explained that there should be a tab or button called 'bookings made after June 2010'. No such thing in my browser, and now I have to pay member service to change it.
Same here !
When I try to retrieve an upcoming bonus trip booking it says "No reservations found".
Old Sep 21, 10, 4:05 am

A few days ago I tried to find information about food/drinks served on board, and discovered that all links on the "Travel info" page just seem to open the front page in a new tab. Endless loop...
Old Sep 21, 10, 10:12 am

Programs: SK*G, SF Bioklubben Guldmedlem :-)
Originally Posted by flamedash View Post
A few days ago I tried to find information about food/drinks served on board, and discovered that all links on the "Travel info" page just seem to open the front page in a new tab. Endless loop...
Same thing happens when you try to retro reg from flysas.com, just opens the frontpage in a new window.
BTW, I found this out because I took a Y+ RT ARN-OSL some 4 weeks ago and the points did not post. 2 other Y+ trips I have taken after this did however register OK. First time this happened to me traveling on E-tix on SK metal. You gotta just love SK IT...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: