Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK ARN domestic lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Easy to get in today with LH*G. Scanned boarding pass worked a treat. Having a beer now off the self serve tap.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:44 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
ARN domestic lounge access [as *G]

I'm on my first SK flight since forever and could not access the ARN domestic lounge with my TK *G. Signage said "only SK *G valid", even though the lounge is marked as a Star Alliance lounge. Card was denied with message "could not find any booking")
Since the lounge is completely un-supervised, I couldn't ask a staffer about the rules, so I'm asking here -is it a fact that the lounge is SK only, or was it just a mishap with my card/BP?

I'm just asking what the formal policy is, the access itself got resolved after an airport staffer told me to just crawl under the turnstyles
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus
only Eurobonus Gold in the domestic T4 lounge as far as I know...

Last edited by SK1989; Feb 1, 2013 at 4:25 am
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:05 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Disagree. I consistently have access as an OZ*G when flying SK metal domestically from ARN. Unless there has been a recent change to policy, you should have access.

Otherwise - were you on a codeshare? Say the flight was booked on a TG code but SK metal operating? Occasionally when flying SK metal on a UA code, the scanner beeps red, even if my OZ*G card is shown on the bp. On these occasions it has been at a manned lounge and the physical card does the trick.

Last edited by THD; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:15 pm
Old Feb 1, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: LH FTL, TK Classic+
Hi there

Access has worked for years with the LH Sentator card (at least up to last time I was there in November).
Old Feb 1, 2013, 3:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Worked like a charm with *G BP as LH SEN in 2011. Including guests!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Thanks all for input!

Originally Posted by THD
Disagree. I consistently have access as an OZ*G when flying SK metal domestically from ARN. Unless there has been a recent change to policy, you should have access.

Otherwise - were you on a codeshare? Say the flight was booked on a TG code but SK metal operating? Occasionally when flying SK metal on a UA code, the scanner beeps red, even if my OZ*G card is shown on the bp. On these occasions it has been at a manned lounge and the physical card does the trick.

I was on normal SK flight, SK113. I only added the TK bonus card at machine checkin, and it didn't print any FF# or status on the BP. Scanning the BP in the lounge gave some error, scanning the card said "cannot find reservation", so it might be that the Tk# didn't get attached to the BP and therefore I was denied entry.

Lounge staff usually can sort these things out, but lounge was un-manned, and pushing the call button didn't change that.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:15 pm

You should get access as *G, but I guess there are some technical difficulties involved. Should be solved if you head down to the service center.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
ARN domestic lounge access [as *G]

Seems to be a glitch in play here. For the system to recognise your miles&smiles account as *G you must only input the numbers on your card when prompted on the SK check in machines. If you enter the first two letters on the card as well it only identifies you as TK basic.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by lcyguy
Seems to be a glitch in play here. For the system to recognise your miles&smiles account as *G you must only input the numbers on your card when prompted on the SK check in machines. If you enter the first two letters on the card as well it only identifies you as TK basic.
OK, tricky business!
I didn't type, I scanned the card, and the machine definitely accepted it as a TK card, but no show of status.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

That said, I rather spent some time with the kids in the Astrid Lingren play area last time instead of going into the bare bones lounge @:-)
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If you weren't in a hurry, you could've just gone to Terminal 5 and used the more superior lounge there. It's possible to access security and lounge at T5 even with a domestic BP.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LH4116
If you weren't in a hurry, you could've just gone to Terminal 5 and used the more superior lounge there. It's possible to access security and lounge at T5 even with a domestic BP.
That must be (comparatively) new. Mrs999 and I wanted to do exactly that in 2008 but we were not allowed through security because we had the 'wrong' BP (i.e., leaving from Domestic on a routing ARN-GOT-CPH-... at the beginning of a world-round).

cheers,

Henry
Old May 23, 2016, 11:37 am

Had the pleasure of visiting the T4 lounge today. They had absolutely nothing decent to eat. Two plates of cookies, one tiny bin of muesli, a bit of cornflakes. One lonely milk carton had to help coffee drinkers and cornflakes eaters. A 1/4 filled bowl with yogurt served the muesli eaters. Ramlosa was finished and 6 bottles of beer stood in the freezer.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:54 am

Impressive that you saw 6 bottles of beer... Usually that is empty as well.

I have to say, the SK lounges nowadays making the United Clubs look good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.