Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied eurobonus mastercard

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Angry Denied eurobonus mastercard

Aaaaaaargh, I hate SEB so much right now...!!!

I got denied for SAS Eurobonus Mastercard 5000SEK credit! (LOL)

I'm 28, perfect credit history, private banking customer on swedbank. It's so frustrating that they can't even give me a 5000 sek credit...

I call them, the lady tells me that I need to have a taxable income, nothing else matters.
Old May 26, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: TK*G, SAS EB Basic, CX MPC, KLM FB, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Well, I guess it is understandable from SEB point of view. You would need to be their private banking customer for them to be able to judge you as trustworthy... but the EB MasterCard isn't that good anyway. Get a credit card in the country where you earn your money if it is not Sweden!
Old May 26, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: SK *B (?)
Originally Posted by RipperDoc
Get a credit card in the country where you earn your money if it is not Sweden!
Or make fewer tax deductions.
Old May 26, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Originally Posted by lnixon
or cancel some of the other CC that you might have.

P.S; SAS online CC system just crashed, https://applications.sebkort.com/nis/sase/
Old May 26, 2010, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lnixon
LOL

I don't want the card that bad...
Old May 26, 2010, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RipperDoc
... but the EB MasterCard isn't that good anyway...
Perhaps i should try to get the BA visa card instead, at least entercard should know that I'm trustworthy...
Old May 26, 2010, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by SayWhat
Aaaaaaargh, I hate SEB so much right now...!!!

I got denied for SAS Eurobonus Mastercard 5000SEK credit! (LOL)

I'm 28, perfect credit history, private banking customer on swedbank. It's so frustrating that they can't even give me a 5000 sek credit...

I call them, the lady tells me that I need to have a taxable income, nothing else matters.
Show SEB how much business you did with Swedbank last year (for example by printing all you operations for 2009 and giving them the document) and propose to transfer your business to SEB if they give you the card.
Old May 26, 2010, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by vilntrav
Show SEB how much business you did with Swedbank last year (for example by printing all you operations for 2009 and giving them the document) and propose to transfer your business to SEB if they give you the card.
I doubt that it would work. However if you have someone which are willing to stand surety for a you, they might approve it. Applying for a CC is like taking a loan, they cant just give out money to anyone. If they did, it could create a nasty bubble and we all know how that went...
Old May 26, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Originally Posted by daniel-andersson
Applying for a CC is like taking a loan, they cant just give out money to anyone.
True if you want Visa Plat with 100k EUR limit, but 5000 SEK-limited credit card in Sweden? That's pretty much nothing. I guess even refugee allowance is Sweden is higher than that. Even in a less-developed countries this kind of amount is given to any permanent resident who don't have a record of non-payment of loans/whatever.
Old May 26, 2010, 3:56 pm
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
SEB (as most other card issuers) just rely on the credit report from UC. If your taxed income is below the threshold, then no card for you. The application process is largely automated, so I doubt there is any easy way around it unless you have a history with SEB kort or some personal relation with someone inside.

Since Entercard is jointly owned by Swedbank and Barcalys, you might be better of there since you already have a customer relation. But generally, getting any kind of credit is a hassle unless you have a "white" taxed income...

Low or no "white" income does not necessarily mean you are without funds!
Old May 26, 2010, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vilntrav
...propose to transfer your business to SEB if they give you the card.
The bank I have now is to good to give up for a Eurobonus card, I have been lucky enough to find someone who understands my situation and can help me.

Originally Posted by daniel-andersson
...However if you have someone which are willing to stand surety for a you, they might approve it...
I will try and see if they will accept a "borgensman", that would be a good solution.

Originally Posted by another_shot
True if you want Visa Plat with 100k EUR limit, but 5000 SEK-limited credit card in Sweden? That's pretty much nothing. I guess even refugee allowance is Sweden is higher than that. Even in a less-developed countries this kind of amount is given to any permanent resident who don't have a record of non-payment of loans/whatever.
That's why I feel so frustrated, I feel like since I've been living in Sweden my whole life, always paid my bills on time I should be able to get a 5000sek limited creditcard without any problems.

Last edited by SayWhat; May 26, 2010 at 5:19 pm
Old May 26, 2010, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Btw guys, Flyertalk must be the best forum in the world! ^ Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Old May 26, 2010, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Welcome to FT and best of luck with getting this worked out.

In the larger picture, I wouldn't be surprised if the Swedish bank executives have been told to expect and plan for a big financial shock sometime in the next handful of years since household debt levels in Sweden are out of control and housing prices are just waiting to have their bubble pricked and leak 20-30% when interest rates get pushed up and financing the mortgage and other installment debt becomes tougher on those leveraged households and others.
Old May 26, 2010, 5:44 pm

Even if you have a credit limit you could shop for more. I dont know where the limit goes but I passed my credit limit once and then had to pay a penalty fee. It felt a bit stupid to pay this fee since I knew that they had earned more money due to it... Greedy *****.

Btw, maybe the CC company want you to have a higher limit. I doubt that they find a big different between 5 000 and 10 000. If you only apply for 5000 and have to do it in a special way, they might not think its worth the hassle.

Last edited by daniel-andersson; May 26, 2010 at 5:49 pm
Old May 29, 2010, 2:40 am

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
Could it not be the strange-ness of the situation that makes the "alarm-bells" ring?

I mean if you are a private banking customer, and suggest you are a big spender. Why on earth would you want a credit card with 5000 SEK limit?

I SEB's situatuation, at least I would think like that. I would have felt it hard to believe that there wasn't anything fishy going on. (not suggesting there is, of course)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.