Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Can you change which kid flies?

Can you change which kid flies?

Old Apr 14, 10, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Matte cards: M&M, EBB, UMP, OP, AA, Hyatt. Shiny cards: Choice/Intl, ICH
Question Can you change which kid flies?

I've got two boys in the states and one of them is supposed to come visit me this summer.

However - he might be just barely passing his courses and have to attend summer school (yet again!) so if he can't come this summer, I'd like to bring the other one instead.

With ticket prices and adjustments, I'd like to purchase this ticket now, but - if I buy for the brunette and he ends up in summer school, can I change the person flying to the blond and get him here instead?

Is that even an option?

If I purchase a refundable ticket and one child can't make it, can the change be made simply and easily?

.....trying to plan....
Old Apr 14, 10, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
According to SAS info you can:

Name change policy
A ticket is transferable in its entirety (but not in part), provided:

•That passenger contact the selling office with a request for transfer of the ticket at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time
•That SK/KF/WF is operating carrier (including wetlease) and shown as carrier of all the flights or flight segments in the ticket
The new ticket will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those of the replaced ticket. SAS will charge an administration fee for the transfer of the ticket.
No written authorization is needed in Scandinavia.
The fee should be USD50.

But if I were you I would confirm this before purchasing any ticket.
Old Apr 15, 10, 4:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The US office does justified name changes for the 50 USD mentioned above. I would book the ticket with both first names and enter the APIS info on the day of departure.
Old Apr 15, 10, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Matte cards: M&M, EBB, UMP, OP, AA, Hyatt. Shiny cards: Choice/Intl, ICH
I've been trying to get someone in Customer Service today who will accept this as an option.

So far, all I'm getting is ... "You'll take a chance on not being able to keep the same flight plan."

Well, that won't be acceptable. Not the best idea to let either one of these fellows fly alone.

Looking at possibly buying two tickets with the full intention that one of them will get returned. Didn't want to tie up quite that much money, but it might be the easiest way.

Will see the local travel agent tomorrow and see what they say - might be the better option, considering all the changed plans they deal with.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: