Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to earn 6000 status points?

Old Apr 1, 10, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB*G

I am about 6000 points away from Gold. What is the easiest and cheapest way to earn these quickly? I'm located in LLA...
Old Apr 1, 10, 9:27 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by caravaca View Post
I am about 6000 points away from Gold. What is the easiest and cheapest way to earn these quickly? I'm located in LLA...
Go down to ARN and find yourself a super-saver business fare on LX. It might be enough; at least, it will get you very close.

cheers,

Henry
Old Apr 1, 10, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by caravaca View Post
Trust SK IT systems. I got credited some 6 legs I never flew...
Old Apr 1, 10, 11:34 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by henry999 View Post
Go down to ARN and find yourself a super-saver business fare on LX. It might be enough; at least, it will get you very close.

cheers,

Henry
Excellent suggestion. Book on swiss.com. ARN-ZHR is 2000 points, ZHR-somewhere else is minimum 1200 points: 6400 points (+possible earnings LLA-ARN-LLA)
Old Apr 2, 10, 10:54 am

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Since you ask for the cheapest...

I believe this is one of the cheaper solutions. Take a flight from Germany in Z class with the special promo for Europe. For a cost of €394 (FRA<>MAD) you can get 7000 MM points which should at least be 6000 EB points. Its just a guess, I usually don't fly in Business class.
Old Apr 2, 10, 2:29 pm
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
Originally Posted by daniel-andersson View Post
Take a flight from Germany in Z class with the special promo for Europe.
Nice offer that. Notice however that earliest departure date is JUN25 so he will have to wait for the points
Old Apr 2, 10, 4:14 pm

999€ for FRA-NewYork/Seoul/Caracas/etc in biz is a stunning deal. Getting to FRA or MUC should not be too difficult.
Old Apr 2, 10, 4:53 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer View Post
999 for FRA-NewYork/Seoul/Caracas/etc in biz is a stunning deal. Getting to FRA or MUC should not be too difficult.
This sounds too good to be true. Which airline, travel period etc.?
Old Apr 3, 10, 2:11 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Originally Posted by ILS2 View Post
See the link to LH offer above
Old Apr 3, 10, 6:41 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ILS2 View Post
Old Apr 3, 10, 8:59 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards

I believe this is one of the cheaper solutions. Take a flight from Germany in Z class with the special promo for Europe. For a cost of 394 (FRA<>MAD) you can get 7000 MM points which should at least be 6000 EB points. Its just a guess, I usually don't fly in Business class.
I don't really know myself, but I suspect that FRA-MAD on LH will give 1800 EB points (distance just below 900 miles), so that a return trip is 3600 points. But thanks for the link, the longhaul flights for EUR999 sounds like a good deal, now I just have to convince my spouse to come along!
Old Apr 3, 10, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG

I believe this is one of the cheaper solutions. Take a flight from Germany in Z class with the special promo for Europe. For a cost of 394 (FRA<>MAD) you can get 7000 MM points which should at least be 6000 EB points. Its just a guess, I usually don't fly in Business class.
Isn't there a cap on the amount of points you get from LH? I at least think there is a cap of 1000 points (2000 in C) on a single segment within Europe. But there is no limit on longhaul flights (thankfully).
Old Apr 4, 10, 5:53 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
LH offer for C-class at 999/1299 return is indeed a good one - taxes and surcharges included. Availability looks very decent. Z-class 200% miles. Was unable to hesitate any longer and booked a few flights ^
Maybe not good for MR due to min 5-day stay rule, but very good opportunity to get your family for vacation at economy class price.
Old Apr 4, 10, 9:09 am

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Originally Posted by tourist View Post
I don't really know myself, but I suspect that FRA-MAD on LH will give 1800 EB points (distance just below 900 miles), so that a return trip is 3600 points. But thanks for the link, the longhaul flights for EUR999 sounds like a good deal, now I just have to convince my spouse to come along!
Yes, you are right. However a direct flight is 299€ with the promo, so if you select an option with a transfere the price was €394 and would give 7000 MM points. Sorry, I should maybe have pointed it out when I was playing around a bit.

Cheers!
Daniel

Last edited by daniel-andersson; Apr 4, 10 at 9:22 am
Old Apr 4, 10, 9:42 am

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/S...nce/Lufthansa/

FRA-MUC in LH biz: 600 EB points, MUC-MAD in LH biz: 2000 (or less?) EB points,
would give the OP maximum 5200 EB points. So *he has to get (at least?) 800 points LLA-FRA-LLA. My vote is still on LX J-fares as the cheapest way.

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/S...lliance/SWISS/

Search this Thread
Search Engine: