Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

EBG benefits on codeshare flights

Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire

When flying intercontinental on SK metal, but with i.e. UA flight number, do you still get:
- 25% EBG-bonus for flying SK metal?
- Possibility of Optiontown upgrade?
- Possibility of upgrading with EB-points at the gate?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 5:23 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
My experience is that you get 25% bonus, you can't use Optiontown, and haven't tried gate upgrades but would assume you could. Not sure about the last one at all.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Originally Posted by niksal
My experience is that you get 25% bonus, you can't use Optiontown, and haven't tried gate upgrades but would assume you could. Not sure about the last one at all.
http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/S...p/SAS/Upgrade/
"The stand-by upgrade are not available on charter flights, award trips or codeshare flights."

Does anyoneknow if they enforce this rule?

I have an upcoming flight where it would cost twice as much to book my itinerary as SK instead of UA! But still of course would appreciate the possibility of point upgrades when I am flying on SAS metal.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by dk_commuter
http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/S...p/SAS/Upgrade/
"The stand-by upgrade are not available on charter flights, award trips or codeshare flights."

Does anyoneknow if they enforce this rule?

I have an upcoming flight where it would cost twice as much to book my itinerary as SK instead of UA! But still of course would appreciate the possibility of point upgrades when I am flying on SAS metal.
I have always thought this is meant for the other way around: that you can't upgrade on another airline booked with an SK flight number! I find it very hard to believe that the gate agents care about the "fine prints" of your reservation as long as you are there to fly on SK metal and offering EB points for an upgrade.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 4:03 pm

@OP:
The answer to all your questions is yes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.