Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS agreement with Radisson BLU hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold

We are sorry to inform that our agreement has ended with Radisson BLU hotels.
We hope to get a new agreement by the end of March 2010.

With best regards,

EuroBonus Member Service
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Scandinavian Airlines System
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
Agreement as in earning miles by staying at Radisson?

I hope not, because it's only been few hours since I booked 4 nights at the Radisson Madrid

Where did you see that?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
And this is on the SAS website:

News - February 24, 2010!
At the moment it is not possible to book award rooms at Radisson Blu, Regent, Park Inn, Country Inn and Radisson Edwardian Hotels. We are working hard to solve the issue. This applies both to Internet bookings as well as via Member service.

I really hope they can sort this out, losing Radisson as SAS partner would be really bad!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I e-mailed member services with a request to include Tbilisi Radisson in the list of online bookable hotels. That is the reply I got back. Couple of weeks ago Tbilisi Radisson was bookable for points over the phone.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by dabee69
I e-mailed member services with a request to include Tbilisi Radisson in the list of online bookable hotels. That is the reply I got back. Couple of weeks ago Tbilisi Radisson was bookable for points over the phone.
Damn!
Thanks for the info though - I wonder if it means we cannot earn points there either until it's resolved?

Edit:
Asked the live-chat but she could not tell me and directed me to eurobonus service, so I've sent them a mail asking about the points. Will post the reply here.

Last edited by SirRagnar; Mar 15, 2010 at 1:36 pm
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Hmm? It seems to be possible to book Radisson BLU hotels on the website using points. I booked one weekend a few days ago and if I log on now I can several cities with good availability including on Radisson BLU.

Earning points may be another story of course.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:11 am

Programs: EBG
I got points

from my stay in London last week at least. Going back today so I hope it's no change..
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:42 am

I got a reply now:

Kære SirRagnar

Tak for din e-mail.

Du kan godt optjene point, selvom vi afventer muligheden for fremtidige
reservationer for point.
[cut]
Med venlig hilsen

EuroBonus Member Service
SAS Travel Center
Quick translation; "Yes, you can still earn points while they await the possibility for future reservations".

^
Old Mar 22, 2010, 4:10 am

Not only Radisson, checked availability in May, different dates and places: Rome, London, Prague, Budapest, St Petersburg, Moscow there's not anything at all available anywhere, not even Best Western
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: EY Silver, SPG Platinum
This is bad news for everyone - EB members not able to earn/redeem points, SAS for losing some more EB members over this as well as lost point revenue from hotel stays by EB members, and the hotels themselves for lost revenue of both potential paid and point stays by EB members
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Not only Radisson, checked availability in May, different dates and places: Rome, London, Prague, Budapest, St Petersburg, Moscow there's not anything at all available anywhere, not even Best Western

You are checking popular locations in a popular travel month within a short time. It's therefore not very unusual not to be able to find a room at those locations. You need to be in much better time.

Originally Posted by naitkris
This is bad news for everyone - EB members not able to earn/redeem points, SAS for losing some more EB members over this as well as lost point revenue from hotel stays by EB members, and the hotels themselves for lost revenue of both potential paid and point stays by EB members
No reason to paint the devil on the wall. It's just a temporary contractual issue with Radisson that needs to be resolved.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by SirRagnar
You are checking popular locations in a popular travel month within a short time. It's therefore not very unusual not to be able to find a room at those locations. You need to be in much better time.
well there are vacancies in all those cities this weekend March 26-27, for example Radisson blu in Budapest, Radisson Moscow and 3 different BW in prague. As of April 1 and onwards there's nothing anywhere not even BW.
when I checked in february there where loads of rooms available the whole month of may (no Radissons though)
However, I have now checked a few dates in September and beginning of
December - nothing anywhere.
loads of rooms at Rica and Scandic in Stockholm, any date any month...
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by SirRagnar

No reason to paint the devil on the wall. It's just a temporary contractual issue with Radisson that needs to be resolved.

yes it was, now they're back but weekends cost the same as weekdays, i.e. 20K/night

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...artners-2.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.