FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   What's the point of selling codeshare flight when you cannot find it at flysas.com? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1061803-whats-point-selling-codeshare-flight-when-you-cannot-find-flysas-com.html)

AHO Mar 11, 2010 6:47 am

What's the point of selling codeshare flight when you cannot find it at flysas.com?

What's the point of selling codeshare flight(SK flight number, operated by another airline) when you cannot find the codeshared flight on flysas.com?

Or is it just SAS IT thing?:rolleyes:

FlyingFinn Mar 11, 2010 11:28 am

Which flight are you talking about? Is there availability on your dates or is it consistent across all dates? Can you find it on other booking engines?

AHO Mar 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn (Post 13556751)
Which flight are you talking about? Is there availability on your dates or is it consistent across all dates?

These route when I search between Stockholm ARN - XXX on different dates.
(not booking only below-mentioned sectors)

for example:
Bangkok - Hong Kong on TG
Chicago ORD - Los Angeles on UA
Brussels - Leeds on BD
Newark EWR - Toronto YYZ on AC
Beijing PEK - Shanghai SHA on CA
Zurich - Geneva on LX
Copenhagen - Wien on OS
Stockholm ARN - Beijing PEK on CA
Stockholm ARN - St Petersburg on FV

These routes are not showing as optional destinations.
Frankfurt - Almaty on LH
Frankfurt - Addis Abeba on LH

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn (Post 13556751)
Can you find it on other booking engines?

These SK coded flights are bookable on Wideroe site.

JamesBond_ppk Mar 15, 2010 1:57 am

Seems your wish has been granted.

Since this week end SAS has added its codeshares destination on their online booking engine.

Not sure if all is there, but it's now possible to book tickets to pretty much everywhere...

Enjoy!

FlyingFinn Mar 15, 2010 2:01 am

Originally Posted by AHO (Post 13557074)

A bit off topic but I booked a flight yesterday on Wideroe's site and they actually sent me an email that they will issue a paper(!) ticket for that particular itinerary and snail mail it to me.

It's been quite a few years since I've had a genuine paper ticket.

I wonder why they insist on issuing tickets bought from them on their own ticket stock as they clearly lack the appropriate e-ticket interlining agreements.

another_shot Mar 15, 2010 3:15 am

That's really interesting. The last paper ticket I had was issued around mid-2008 for travel late 2008 and at that time CI staff (LH/SQ/SK) has already noted to me it is quite rare to see. However last week I've seen a couple of people in OSL holding paper tickets, and not even those with magnet strip (ATB or ATB2?), but old-style soft paper book with self-copying pages. Who and why still issuing them, any idea?

Fredrik74 Mar 15, 2010 3:27 am

Originally Posted by another_shot (Post 13577554)
Who and why still issuing them, any idea?

I had one of those in September 2008 issued by HY for travel between FRU and TAS. Another one was issued the same month for travel TAS-RIX.

I wouldn't have thought anyone still used them in 2010. Were these people really travelling SK?

SirRagnar Mar 15, 2010 3:50 am

Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk (Post 13577397)

Since this week end SAS has added its codeshares destination on their online booking engine.

Not sure if all is there, but it's now possible to book tickets to pretty much everywhere...

Enjoy!

Awesome. I complained greatly about this and said that they likely lose customers due to this when I filled in that e-survey a few weeks back.

AHO Mar 15, 2010 4:57 am

Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk (Post 13577397)

Oddly, it doesn't show SK coded flight, but original flight number.
Here is the question. Which is the most beneficial for SAS? Selling as original flight number or SK coded number?

ie.
ARN-(SK)-EWR-(AC)-YYZ
ARN-(SK)-EWR-(SK[AC operated])-YYZ

another_shot Mar 15, 2010 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Fredrik74 (Post 13577579)
I had one of those in September 2008 issued by HY for travel between FRU and TAS. Another one was issued the same month for travel TAS-RIX.

I wouldn't have thought anyone still used them in 2010. Were these people really travelling SK?

Can't remember now... I was twice at OSL check-in last week, once with BT and another time with SK, so it was either of them. Maybe they had some odd connection to Iran Air in GOT or CPH with SK or BT segment, can't think of anything else :confused:

FlyingFinn Mar 15, 2010 9:20 am

Originally Posted by another_shot (Post 13577554)
Who and why still issuing them, any idea?

Why is quite easy to answer: In WF's case they issue tickets on their own 701 ticket stock, and they don't have the proper e-ticket connectivity or interlining with all the carriers. They can do it just fine on any SK group airline, LH and a number of others.

In my case it was an IB flight (just number, actually operated by FB!) and apparently this link isn't there. I had the same problem when booking an AY flight from wideroe.no back in 2007, but nowadays they are not even showing any AY flights...

Another reason to have paper tickets is having more than 16 flight "coupons" or segments (not necessarily flights as open-jaw ground segments count towards the total as well) under one ticket - e-tickets have a hard limit of 16 coupons. Which is why the RTW tickets nowadays have the same upper limit.

HPS Mar 15, 2010 9:29 am

SAS website is weird in some cases.

If you try to book a trip from sas.se (Sweden) to Macedonia, Mexico and probably many more countries these countries don't show up in the list.

Though if you go to sas.dk and book a trip from Sweden to these countries it's possible, though you get the price in DKK then.

I'll probably stick around to search engines that get those trips anyway. Atleast I get the price in SEK then.

another_shot Mar 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn (Post 13579006)
Why is quite easy to answer: In WF's case they issue tickets on their own 701 ticket stock, and they don't have the proper e-ticket connectivity or interlining with all the carriers. They can do it just fine on any SK group airline, LH and a number of others.

OK, but surely you are issued with tickets printed on ATB/ATB2 blanks? Who still have an equipment to print old-style soft paper tickets?

GetAA81Back2ARN Mar 15, 2010 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by AHO (Post 13557074)
These route when I search between Stockholm ARN - XXX on different dates.
(not booking only below-mentioned sectors)

for example:
Bangkok - Hong Kong on TG
Chicago ORD - Los Angeles on UA
Brussels - Leeds on BD
Newark EWR - Toronto YYZ on AC
Beijing PEK - Shanghai SHA on CA
Zurich - Geneva on LX
Copenhagen - Wien on OS
Stockholm ARN - Beijing PEK on CA
Stockholm ARN - St Petersburg on FV

These routes are not showing as optional destinations.
Frankfurt - Almaty on LH
Frankfurt - Addis Abeba on LH

Are you really able to book CPH-VIE (just that segment) on the Wideroe site? I think that route has traffic restrictions making it only possible to book together with another SK (long haul) segment.

Another route is ARN-FRA for example. You must explicitly click "show more departures" to see the code shares. Not really user friendy.

FlyingFinn Mar 16, 2010 12:01 am

Originally Posted by another_shot (Post 13580271)
OK, but surely you are issued with tickets printed on ATB/ATB2 blanks? Who still have an equipment to print old-style soft paper tickets?

Hmm, good point. Haven't received the ticket yet, but I'm pretty sure it is one of those, at least all my previous ones from SK and WF have been.

As for the old-style tickets, I'd say travel agents in the less developed nations.