Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Only 1 piece of checked luggage in transatlantic M class starting 01APR2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 1 piece of checked luggage in transatlantic M class starting 01APR2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I've never travelled with more than two bags and even that is an exception. Will this really hit a lot of people?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 3:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
I've never travelled with more than two bags and even that is an exception. Will this really hit a lot of people?
I was thinking the same thing. The only time I've checked more than 1 bag was when moving to the US from Norway.

When the wife and I go on vacation, we typically check one large bag total, that's it.

So apart from exchange students and Diana Ross, I think most will be ok. Just remember most airlines already charge this and SAS is one of the last to do it.

And if you have any status, the problem is eliminated

Last edited by tommy777; Mar 2, 2010 at 3:14 pm
Old Mar 2, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I usually check in all 3 bags allowed. I have the past year been doing 2-4 weeks in Helsinki, and 2-4 weeks in Toronto. I need one garment bag (certainly not 23kg) for the suits, and 2 suitcases for shoes, clothes, books, etc. And when I go back to HEL I have to have space for souvenirs etc.

I usually fly LH and AC, I haven't at least heard that they are changing anything, at least not for *G, but I could be wrong.

Funny, I would see giving 2 pieces a competitive advantage, maybe even the reason why the 'young ladies' select SK over something else, maybe even be able to charge a few kronas extra for that, but to start collecting surcharges at airports just makes people disappointed. Not the way to go.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tommy777
I was thinking the same thing. The only time I've checked more than 1 bag was when moving to the US from Norway.

When the wife and I go on vacation, we typically check one large bag total, that's it.

So apart from exchange students and Diana Ross, I think most will be ok. Just remember most airlines already charge this and SAS is one of the last to do it.

And if you have any status, the problem is eliminated
Is SK going to provide two free bags to OAL Star Silvers flying in coach on SK flights to the US? As a Star Gold, I'm interested to see how long the 3 free bags (even in coach) remains on TATL trips.

Most won't be hit by these fees, but many will be.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:05 am

I (and my family) will be hit. When travelling for business it is usually one bag only. For leisure it is quite often two bags going back home from the US.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
I also assume that this will in no way be reflected with cheaper tickets.
And unfortunately it seems that I was correct in this statement. As published by SAS.

Fare adjustment from Sweden to CHI and beyond destinations in US/CAN
Valid for sale and travel on/after 05MAR10, SAS will increase the K, W, V, Q, H and M-class fares, except
for some destinations which will remain unchanged.
Published 02MAR10
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
The amount of luggage that I or my family needs varies by destination. Last year we took a winter trip to KTT, and ended up with ten pieces of checked luggage (including skiing gear) for four people (which KF happily accepted). Normally, when travelling on business, I am going with hand luggage only. While I mostly travel very light, I do value a reasonable checked luggage allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.