Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Flying with reward ticket and EuroBonus Silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

I will travel VNO-CPH-CDG and return, economy class, for 30000 points + airport taxes.
I have a Eurobonus Silver card.
The ticket states I have a 20 kilos luggage allowance.
So my question is : does my Silver status entitles me to 10 kilos extra luggage, or I don't have this extra because I did not pay the ticket ?
Same question for business check-in.

Last edited by vilntrav; Feb 27, 2010 at 11:22 pm
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:10 am

Programs: SK*G
Same benefits are available on award flights. However, sometimes the EuroBonus level is not registred correctly on awards, so have your card ready.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:15 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johanmm
Same benefits are available on award flights. However, sometimes the EuroBonus level is not registred correctly on awards, so have your card ready.
Another thing: I don't know who handles check-in at VNO, but if it is outsourced (i.e., not SAS personnel) you might want to have with you a copy of the page describing the EBS benefit, in case the agent is not familiar with it.

cheers,

Henry
Old Feb 28, 2010, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henry999
Another thing: I don't know who handles check-in at VNO, but if it is outsourced (i.e., not SAS personnel) you might want to have with you a copy of the page describing the EBS benefit, in case the agent is not familiar with it.

cheers,

Henry
Very good advice, Henry. In november I nearly was denied boarding for a VNO-CPH-NYC travel because Air Baltic staff (who did the SAS checking-in) did not know citizens from "old countries" of EU do not need biometric passport when they dont' have visa if the passport is quite "old" (special rules I won't enter into details here, but that of course SAS staff in Copenhagen airport know, as Danish citizens are beneficiary of them). They only knew the rule for Lithuanian passport holders.
Fortunately I had brought with me official documentation of US State department.
Since then I applied for a biometric passport.

But as Scandinavian has again flights from VNO since january I hope they don't outsource the checking-in to their competitor Air Baltic anymore...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.