Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: SK Gold
Upgrade subject to availability

Originally Posted by jth
A word of advice, when people get into this "standby OT upgrade" circus, more often than not, the miles credited will be wrong (you only get original class) so be sure to save all tickets/bp'es fi you have to do a retro reg!
Yes, you're right. Checked my statement, and no 200% figures only the original 100%. So, now the fun part starts...With mails and calls...
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by movcon
Yes, you're right. Checked my statement, and no 200% figures only the original 100%. So, now the fun part starts...With mails and calls...
Same issue here. I contacted OT directly and they were able to get it resolved in a few days.. much faster than any contact I've had with EB.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by jfidler
Same issue here. I contacted OT directly and they were able to get it resolved in a few days.. much faster than any contact I've had with EB.
Sorry I don´t understand. You say that OT upgrade gives only 100% EB points or you should have 200% according to upgraded travel class and you then have to call OT?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:47 am

Sometimes (most of the time) if the OT upgrade is confirmed as 'subject to availability' you will only see the the 100% earning of the economy base fare on your statement.

But as said before, one short mail to OT clears this in a matter of days. Not comparable to SAS retro claim...

Had this like 4 times in the last months and received the corrected amount of miles a couple if days after my mail to OT.

So no mail, phone, mail again, wait, phone and mail hassle...
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Sorry I don´t understand. You say that OT upgrade gives only 100% EB points or you should have 200% according to upgraded travel class and you then have to call OT?
I don't remember the %, but in short, I received EB points based on my original booked class, not the upgraded OT class. So I contacted OT and they had this corrected within a day or two.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:59 pm

Thanks guys. I guess I´ll find their OT email in case of successful upgrade in next spring.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Been following this thread for a while and got a question:
I have SAS GO and have requested 2 individual Upgrades to Business:
One via SAS through EB points 40 000

and

Second via OT via paying.

Which one will I have the bigger chance and if I get one of it, will I get the other back?

Btw, what do you think the odds are for a flight with this: (Flight next weekend)
C/6 D/6 Z/0 R/0 J/0 Y/9 S/9 P/0 A/0 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/0 V/0 W/0 U/0 K/0 L/0 T/0 O/0 G/9 N/9

Many thanks,

SB

Last edited by strikerbird; Jan 4, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Old Jan 4, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by strikerbird

and

Which one will I have the bigger chance and if I get one of it, will I get the other back?

Btw, what do you think the odds are for a flight with this: (Flight next weekend)
C/6 D/6 Z/0 R/0 J/0 Y/9 S/9 P/0 A/0 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/0 V/0 W/0 U/0 K/0 L/0 T/0 O/0 G/9 N/9

Many thanks,

SB
Originally Posted by fassy
By the way, I asked SAS why the confirmed upgrade over the website didn't clear even if there where more than 14 empty seats in business. They told me, they can only clear a confirmed upgrade if there are award seats in business allocated for that flight.

They admitted it is kind of nonsense since the upgrade at check-in for that flights (meaning with that many empty seats) usualy won't be a problem but the system just does it that way and doesn't allow the confirmed upgrade.
You have to check and see if there is a bonus seat available in Business. If there are no seats available your best bet will be an upgrade at check-in, if the numbers in E, M and H remain at or around 9.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by strikerbird

and

SB
I though cash through OT is more useful for an airline than points.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:53 am

The one time I requested both, the OT upgrade did not come through but I was permitted to use points to upgrade at the gate. The flight was quite full and, if I recall correctly, there were limited seats in Y+ and C for points upgrades with several of us in the queue requesting them. Someone ahead of me took the last Y+ seat so another person wanting Y+ but not C was turned away.

I believe most, but not all, C seats were occupied at departure.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Alright, thanks for the quick reply!

SB
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I just had an upgrade on 983 with a ticket with point of sale in Japan. So it would seem that only 984 is excluded. 984 was not available for upgrade when I tried the on the outbound.

How would the easily determine the point of sale in this process? Is there a flag somewhere in the booking showing this?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by jfidler
It worked. :-)
Contacted Optiontown and they fixed it. Got the correct number of Points for the hole family.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I just had an upgrade on 983 with a ticket with point of sale in Japan. So it would seem that only 984 is excluded. 984 was not available for upgrade when I tried the on the outbound.
Nice. I humbly await my possible upgrade for 983 in April too. As it is my first SAS long haul flight ever. SK don´t have cash upgrade for 984 at NRT check in? Although it is my mistake, I should have booked economy extra way back.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:36 pm

SAS doesn't offer upgrades paid with cash, those need to be requested through OT. You can do a upgrae with EuroBonus Points at check-in if there are free seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.